What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    @MJsStory sounds like a very busy, productive, and fun (other than the cleaning and looking for a spider part) day! I’m exhausted...been on baby duty so the others can sleep...now I need a nap!

I found the spider
  • MJsStory
    Options
    My posts keep getting cut off today
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MJsStory wrote: »
    @acaliforniadreamer.... I log all my exercises as my doctor looks at my app when I go in for checkups. He is looking at macros and minutes of exercise and then compares it to my lab work. As he says “I like being difficult” as he often gets false positive test results for me. Being able to see what I am doing and comparing it to the blood work gives him more accurate information on how to adjust my medications.

I take one of the kids or my husband with me on all my walks. I take off my Fitbit for these and I have them track instead. As soon as I’m done my Fitbit goes back on. This allows me to more accurately track (I think) so I long my active waking minutes and then my Fitbit does its own thing.

I know it miscounts my steps at work and misses about 50% as it will not track if you are carrying or pushing something. I usually mentally add 40% to my step count for a more accurate reading.

I need to switch to a pedometer on my shoes and then buy a watch of some kind to wear instead of my Fitbit. Still deciding on what I want so keeping with my Fitbit till it dies.

At work I put my fitbit in my bra as I don't have pickets and it is pretty accurate.
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Pouring down rain here.....again :neutral: The lack of sunshine recently really makes it hard to stay motivated...other than motivating me to sleep!
    @MJsStory glad you found it!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to swop their summer for my winter? It's basically the first really cold week and I'm already hating it. And here in South Africa cold isn't even close to what some people get... I just want to run around barefoot again!
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Anyone want to swop their summer for my winter? It's basically the first really cold week and I'm already hating it. And here in South Africa cold isn't even close to what some people get... I just want to run around barefoot again!

What part of South Africa are you in? I took my 2nd trip to Cape Town in December, just an incredible place! I'd trade places with you any time... well, after they sort out the water crisis :/
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    cutting calories makes for sluggish running :(
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! How did everyone do for week 1? Being part of this challenge has given me the motivation to keep going even on the days that I normally would have just wanted to not do anything even remotely healthy. I managed to lose a bit of weight and I’m already feeling better than I have in quite a while. Any fun plans for this weekend? @MJsStory going on another spider hunt?
  • MJsStory
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday! How did everyone do for week 1? @MJsStory going on another spider hunt?

Nope! That spider is dead! I still have the bite mark on my foot but it’s not itching and burning anymore. All headboards in the house have been vacuumed behind, all mattresses vacuumed and flipped, all bedding washed, old bedding was thrown out and replaced. (2queens, 1 full, and a set of bunk beds). There are no more spiders in the house.

This weekend is my mother-in-laws surprise birthday party so we have been cleaning at church and decorating. It looks like a fairy tale off of Pinterest! Today is the big event and then it has to be all cleaned up and returned to normal for church tomorrow. Tomorrow we rest as we are gonna need it!

My Dad arrives on Monday!! That means a week of long hikes, fishing for dinner, camping out in the RV on the mighty Mississippi, visiting antique stories, historical sites and museums. Chasing footballs and dogs, bbqs, and very little sleep. He lives just over 2000 miles away and is here for 1 week at the beginning of summer and 1 at the end. He’ll drive off in the RV to do the rest of the family summer annual tour he does and then will be back before heading home for the fall/winter.

Dad likes to feel needed so like my aunt did with my PapPap... I make sure something is broken for him to fix while I’m at work. This year I messed up the front landscaping in the terrace. He loves yard work so it’ll keep him busy. Gotta figure out something else to break for his 2nd week. If they don’t have something to do they will drive you crazy.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,642 Member
    Options
    Well Since the 16th, Ive been to Tenn. ,Oklahoma, Tenn. again and Ga. Im headed back to NC. In the morning. Ive had a very nice time with family. I will be glad to see my hubby and fur babies. I have 1 more cheat day.I will probably use it tomorrow. I will be traveling and also celebrating my daughter birthday that was on the 27th. I am pleased with how Ive been able to stay on track with diet and exersize on this trip.