5/18 Friday Day 18 SLBC: The Great Outdoors

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
xsp8q09oif4m.jpg

Theme: The Great Outdoors

Today's Challenge: Outdoor activities offer lots of health benefits. Whether you enjoy going for a walk, run, or bike ride, tending to your garden, doing a little yard work or grass mowing, or participating in sports, getting outside regularly will give you fresh air, sunshine, Vitamin D, and often a new perspective and creativity boost. Whenever I'm stressed or stuck on a problem, I take it outside. :-)

And that's our challenge today: spend 15 or 20 minutes outdoors doing something you enjoy. And please tell us what you did!

Alternative Challenge: Walk around while you talk on the phone today!

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I posted this earlier, but it's such an important message that I'm reposting. Spending time outdoors is vital for our well being. And it's fun!

eii4dxnuv0by.jpg
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I will take advantage of this challenge before we get out rain. Thanks for posting.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I must have been reading your mind. I worked in the yard 2 hours yesterday. I need to spend about 15 minutes today cleaning up the details after yesterdays work..
  • themedalist
    Options
    I must have been reading your mind. I worked in the yard 2 hours yesterday. I need to spend about 15 minutes today cleaning up the details after yesterdays work..

Yay, @corinasue1143! I’m glad today’s challenge works in so well with your yard work. I should do some yard work as well, but a walk through the woods is going to win out instead.

Happy Friday!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I will take advantage of this challenge before we get out rain. Thanks for posting.

Sounds good, @prgirl39mfp. Hope it doesn’t rain all weekend for you.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I got an early morning walk around my neighborhood. It was lovely May Gray weather, the birds were singing, the whole neighborhood seemed to still be sleeping. It was lovely - the longer I walked, the longer I wanted to keep walking.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I was able to plant my vegetable garden before the rain today.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I had a wonderful walk outside this afternoon. The weather was perfect!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I bought some geraniums and lots of vinca and need to plant it tonight before it rains.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options

Sounds good, @prgirl39mfp. Hope it doesn’t rain all weekend for you.

It's been raining for the past 6 days. Luckily, not all day.