JUNE GROUP CHALLENGE

Options
bigghunny
bigghunny Posts: 550 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Hi everyone we totally rocked the last two challenges. So I think if we all get together and do a weightloss challenge it will be motivating and supportive. We can do a weekly weigh in.
The goal I want us to shoot for is 50lbs.

Replies

• bigghunny
    Options
    Bigghunny
    Weigh day Friday
    Starting weight
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Weigh day Thursday
    Starting weight (6/1)
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Friday
    Starting weight 293.3
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    PloddingTurtle
    Weigh day Friday
    Starting Weight
  • meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Weight day Saturday
    Starting: 314
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Weighing in a couple more days.
    Current weight: 276
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    Starting weight: 292.6
  • cwrisbeck
    cwrisbeck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Friday 364.5
  • bigghunny
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So far we have 8 people. Thanks guys for committing yourselves to do this. I hope I am supportive enough for all of you. All your journeys inspire me to keep going and give it my all. So if no one else joins if we 8 lose 6.25 lbs each in June we will hit our goal. No pressure..lol Here is to a great week and on our way to sexy pants!! :):D;)<3
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    @bigghunny I love the sexy pants!!! And I think 6.25 is a realistic goal. Let's do this!!!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @bigghunny You're so right. Cheers to a 6.25 lb loss for all of us!
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Fair warning. I'm scheduled for eye surgery on the 18th and a full week of being home all day with the curtains drawn, doing nothing...... I have no idea what that is going to do to my numbers.
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    @PloddingTurtle good luck! Don't worry about the numbers, worry about taking care of yourself and your recovery.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    @cnavarro002. It's not so much my health I'm worried about, but the bored snacking. Maybe I'll go through the cupboards looking for the low-hanging fruit of the snacky stuff and take it somewhere else for temporary safe keeping. I'm imagining my days are going to go like this:
    • nap
    • eye drops every X hours
    • bathroom
    • drink water
    • chafe at being in a darkened apartment on the longest days of the year (it will probably be glorious weather too - which reminds me - I should get the air conditioner unit set up in case it's blistering hot)
    • eat
    • nap
    • more eye drops
    • more water
    • bathroom again
    • wander aimlessly through the kitchen.....
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    june 6th I am at 440
    june 12th i see the doctor so I will see then how much and post it !!

good luck everyone
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @PloddingTurtle Is there any light excercise you can incorporate into your daily routine? Small hand weights. Seated chair workouts? Try to find fruit or veggie straws that you can put into your cupboards so even if you mindlessly snack it won't do to much damage? Eye surgery is no joke I m sending you good vibes for a healthy speedy recovery.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Thanks, @bigghunny. I'm not exactly sure what activity will be permitted, but the concern is that an increase in blood pressure could cause damage to sensitive eye tissue before it's completely healed, so it's being strongly suggested I rest the whole time.

I've already been told no water in the eyes (so no showering without goggles), no exercise, no lifting or carrying anything heavier than 10 lbs. I don't think I really have to leave the TV off and stay off the computer the whole time; it's more a matter of just limiting my exposure to both to within a reasonable amount of time.

I also admit that I exaggerate about the daylight exposure for dramatic effect. ;) I don't actually have to live in the dark for the whole week. :) I can go out but have to wear dark sunglasses. B)
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @PloddingTurtle forget what I said about excercise..lol Don't want to get your blood pressure up. I think the TV and computer should be ok if you wear protective glasses. I am a home body so I know what binging cravings feel like. I try to find things to do mostly cleaning read a book or walk around. Needless to say by the end of the day my house is spotless..lol If you get bored we can always swap messages during the day. :):)<3
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options

Week 1: +3.6 lbs

A gain, and an explanation: I'm sorry to report a gain -- how stinky! -- and on the first week's weigh in too. I think I experienced what is commonly known as an MSG reaction. I've never had one before, or, if I did, it was never this dramatic. The day after my Chinese food birthday celebration and pre-dinner wine indulgence, I was 5 lbs heavier. Water weight, I knew. By the next morning it was 10 lbs heavier. I was bloated to the point of pain. I could barely get my shoes on. I've been pushing water hard for the last two days in an effort to clean it out of my system and reduce the inflammation, but it's slow going.

On a bright note, I am expecting a bit of a whoosh effect next week.
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    So a couple of weeks ago hubby and I went on a trip to see the grandkids. 10 hour drive each way = a 5 lb gain of water weight. But since coming back home I have not been able to get it off. I finally had my whoosh!!!

Starting weight: 292.6
    today's weight: 286.9
    Total loss: -5.7

June group total loss: 2.1

@PloddingTurtle sounds like a horrible experience! I can't even imagine how you must have felt. Rooting for your whoosh next week!! Good luck!!