Positive changes through weight loss.

Options
dekutree
dekutree Posts: 65 Member
Hey everyone.

What with all the posts about the pressures to be slim, and perhaps feeling self-conscious, have you found your weight loss/lifestyle change has helped you so far?

I'm some way off my final goal, but having now lost a couple of stone I'm fitting back into tshirts which I haven't had out in a long time, and am in smaller trousers. I've been exercising and am feeling *so* much more happy and lively for that. I haven't felt ready to start go out and get gigs again, but I've felt a stirring. In fact I've started writing again after a block, and I think this has helped a bit. Because for me, I write to perform, and I can see myself doing some gigs with new material later this year :)

I hope you are finding some positive changes too, and that everything's going well for you all.

Replies

• lydian8
    lydian8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited about my prospects. I've lost 61 pounds. I can move better. I'm never going to be a dancer again, but that option was taken out with a bad car accident and a busted ankle. However, when I lose 50 more pounds, I'm going to start auditioning for local theater stuff. I'm old enough now that I can take on some of the awesome mother/grandmother/older lady parts. My weight has held me back from performing how I've wanted most of my life. I'm ready to blow that obstacle out of the water. I firmly believe it's not too late, and I have a lot to get out and do.

Lenore
  • dekutree
    Options
    That's a fantastic goal, Lenore!! It's definitely not too late. 61lb is an amazing achievement. Also, you never know, you may start to feel comfortable to start auditioning before you lose another fifty... see how you feel. Do you sing as well or you prefer straight theatre? I know more musicals than plays but there are some of the best roles are 'older lady parts'...
  • lydian8
    lydian8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a singer first and then a pretty bad actress, but my comedic timing is dead on. I'm good with character roles. I'd love to get a shot at Mame one day or the wife in Fiddler or the old lady in A Little Night Music. I love funny parts.
  • dekutree
    Options
    I'm a singer first and then a pretty bad actress, but my comedic timing is dead on. I'm good with character roles. I'd love to get a shot at Mame one day or the wife in Fiddler or the old lady in A Little Night Music. I love funny parts.

Sorry for delay, I keep forgetting about this group. Sounds like a great aim! I love A Little Night Music especially... Liaisons is such a funny song :D