frustration

Options
truddy6647
truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
Do you ever have those days where you just feel frustrated? I feel like I have been having a lot of those. I keep going and working at losing weight. I started out in sept of last year on the journey for the umpteenth time (really to many times to count) This time I have made it so much further but still feel like so far from where I want to be. People see the amount of pounds I have lost and congratulate me but I see the lack of dress sizes lost. I have yet to lose a dress/pant size due to my hips. They are so out of proportion compared to my waist it is so frustrating. I know that I can not target fat loss or where it comes from but I just wish there was a way to get more inches gone from my hips, after all I have said all along....it isn't about how much I weigh but getting to that certain dress size.....I would love to be able to walk into any store and find something (right now that is a laugh)

Replies

• LillyWillow
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been there as well. Just keep going and don't give up and you will get there. I'm so large I'm looking forward to being able to shop in the Target and Wal-mart plus size section. Right now I'm a size 30 and would love to be a size 24.

Just know that you are not alone! :flowerforyou:
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just wish there was a way to get more inches gone from my hips

There is: stay at a calorie deficit so you keep losing fat. Slowly but surely your body will figure out that there's a bunch of fat around your hips that it can burn off for energy; it might take a while, but it will happen!

This stuff is frustrating as hell, I know. For me it's my belly: I'm down to the pants size I was when I was 17-18 years old, but I can barely wear an XL t-shirt without it looking too tight around the waist... :-\
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

There is: stay at a calorie deficit so you keep losing fat. Slowly but surely your body will figure out that there's a bunch of fat around your hips that it can burn off for energy; it might take a while, but it will happen!

99.99% of my days I am at a calorie deficit so not an issue there. I know there are days where I am better at my food choices than others and I also know that it will take time. It is just so frustrating sometimes. If my hips where in proportion to my waist I could drop about 3/4 pant sizes but at last they are not.
  • brussell1981
    Options
    Wow! I feel encouraged by these responses....and in return wanted to pass that along. This is a life long journey, and I dont know about anyone else, but I just take one day at a time. Sometimes that is all you can do because the bigger picture can be overwhelming. I fell frustrated everyday but my motto is "keep trying." So everyday I try to eat well and get my butt to the gym...and I do..and then the next day I try again. You will get where your going when your body is ready, hang in there!