So, I'm kind of new here

Options
Emma33021
Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
I've been doing SL 5x5 for about 4 months now. I started them last year, but quit not long after (I'm a group class/cardio addict, so SL was a little boring and lonely for me).

This time I'm not quitting. Sometimes I feel like I need more workout, but I assume as the weight grows I won't feel that way.

Currently:
Squat: 70lbs plus the bar weight (not sure how much it weighs, seems like 30ish lbs). I know most are 45lbs, but this doesn't feel like it.
Deadlift: 90lbs (plus the bar)
OH: I have a bad shoulder, so only 35 lbs. (using dumbbells for OH)
BP: 40lbs (dumbbells)
Rows: I hate rows, 40lbs (plus the bar). Sometimes I do them on the machine. I know it's not the same, but I really hate them.

Some days I also add dips, burpees and step ups. I also take spinning classes 2x week.

My goal is to lose some more body weight (already down 56 lbs) (265 to 209). I want to get to 180, but I'd be happy at 190 :).

I'll join the June group too, just wanted to introduce myself here.

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

Stick with it! I found it takes a while to really start noticing the difference, but once you do, it gets addictive.

The easiest way to find out how much the bar weighs is to take it to a scale. Weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the bar. The difference is the bar weight. If you are at a commercial gym, the staff should know as well. Standard Olympic bars are about 7 ft and 45 lbs, but I find cheaper ones can vary a bit. Women's bars are generally a little shorter (6-6.5 ft) and lighter, 30-35 lbs.