JUMP IN June 2018: Week 3 (6/15-6/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Repeat of the challenge blurb:
New month knocking on the door, new challenge!
This month's theme came to us last year courtesy of @kfat1. I liked the idea so much, I decided to use it again this year. And also, it was already dreamed up, and I'm lazy. :bigsmile:
kfat1 wrote: »
JUMP IN June....a motivational challenge? Jump on in, feet first, full steam ahead, make a plan and jump right into it with all your determination, no excuses, just get it done! Make weekly goals,challenges and just jump in and do it! By the end of June, look back at your challenges and see which ones you JUMPED IN and GOT DONE!

Excellent idea!

The challenge starts tomorrow. So go ahead and post your goals, whether it be nailing down plan Basics, increasing your fitness, or adopting healthy habits. Anything is fair game as long as it's in pursuit of your health or fitness. :+1:

Jump on in!
b8aacaba6695bbc94f0df05cd4546bf9.jpg

Replies

• Carla0527
    Carla0527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new around here but I think I get the gist of the challenge threads!
    I plan to meet my step goal of 9000 steps every day this week!
    I plan to use my 7 app every day!
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Woohoo new week
    Day 1/7

Goals:
    1. Stay in macros 1/7
    2. Gym 5 days 1/5

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I ended the week feeling pretty good about what I ate, logging, fasting and exercising but gained half a pound. I started new HIIT videos this week so I wonder if I’m holding on to some water. Here’s to this week!
  • 23rochelle23
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Day 2 of 7

1. Stay in macros 1/7 wasnt hugely out today (carbs 34gms) but was craving some choc so I had some - was way under calories yesterday as I ended up being out much later than expected so I’m not concerned as it all evens out in the end

2. Gym 5/7 1/7 unfortunately gym times don’t work with my shifts this weekend :'( will get my five in though!

3. Get into bed with time for at least 7 hours sleep 1/7
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Even though I missed the last two goals, I am pleased. Logging holds me accountable and I needed that kick. I really focused on making myself get out of my office chair and walk around the block at least 2-3 times a day. I can't begin to describe how low I'd been. Moving more and focusing on better choices is my first step out of the deep dark pit. Yay for me!

--Log what I eat every day
    --Exceed tracker step goal by 100 steps
    --Find and complete a calming bedtime routine to reduce stress and encourage sleep
    --Lose at least one pound this week
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Resist slight cravings resulting from yesterday's crackers
    Get back effortless WOE by tonight
    Body weights 5/7 this week
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    Day 3 of 7

1. Stay in macros 2/7

2. Gym 5/7 1/7 unfortunately gym times don’t work with my shifts this weekend :'( will get my five in though

3. Get into bed with time for at least 7 hours sleep 2/7
  • marisol787
    marisol787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Got a little off track this weekend at a friend's party. Getting back on track this week for sure though. Got to keep those carbs in check.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    6/17

Weekends are always the toughest for me, made it through this one without doing too much damage like last weekend. Ended yesterday with a 9K run. It was hot, I was slow but I did it and today (the next morning) nothing hurts!
    Still keeping my carbs 25g or under. One thing helping me through is one of the low carb breads, it replaces my bagel every morning. I did find a recipe for keto bagels that I will try next.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    17k of 45k since Friday, better than I thought. Went kayaking Sat so fewer steps LOL. Had too much wine while camping but stayed on the lower carb side with the meal planning-eggs & bacon, ham steak & veg, avocado chicken salad.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    1. Lose 3-7 lbs without logging - still on track, about 3-4 lbs down since the beginning of the month
    2. Continue a mostly carnivore diet - Still mostly good. Had a cookie the other day but that's all.
    3. More walking and possible resistance training - Still not yet. The vertigo I've had is mostly gone but I still have not done much beyond playing while coaching sports.
    4. Try physio and start the ball rolling for hip replacement. Eek! - Still haven't done this. I'm chicken. LOL
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    From everyone that I’ve met who has had a hip replacement you won’t know yourself afterwards - you’ll be a new person - fingers crossed you have the same experience nvmomketo!

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    From everyone that I’ve met who has had a hip replacement you won’t know yourself afterwards - you’ll be a new person - fingers crossed you have the same experience nvmomketo!

I hope so...And thank you. :)
    But I should never have researched it. The whole idea of what they do to you is just disturbing! Cut off the top of your femur... shudder.

I'm still trying to figure out if the pain is worth my pain. KWIM? ;) I have 12 more days until the end of the month to get this going in order to meet my self imposed deadline. LOL
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    I have faith ;)
  • maureli
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I'm still trying to figure out if the pain is worth my pain. KWIM? ;) I have 12 more days until the end of the month to get this going in order to meet my self imposed deadline. LOL

My mom had it done a few years ago, she was in quite a lot of pain before....and none after!

• rgg71
    rgg71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Back again for week 3!

Exercise 3 x week (Week 2= :) )
    Log every day (Week 2= :) )
    Net carbs below 30 (Week 2= 15 :D )
    5:2 every week (Week 2= :) )
    Plan fast days a week ahead (Week 2= :))
    Alcohol no more than 3 days per week (Week 2= :))

Posting this has really helped me stick to it - great thread for motivation!
  • maureli
    Options
    6/18

No exercise yesterday, all day at work training. Felt that was ok though...with my run yesterday. Net carbs were way up as well....they ordered our lunch for us at work today and it definitely could have been worse but I ended up with 64 net carbs for the day. I know that is actually much lower than I ever was before I started this....so still not so bad.

I want to make a couple of recipes I found on here but I don't have and have never used erythritol before. I do have stevia but I don't know how much of that to use to replace the erythritol. Anyway, guess I'll go get some!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Had some stress the last few days at work so I reached for the sugar- who doesn’t want ice cream on a 90 degree day?? Otherwise, exercise and logging have been good. If I can get the husband to stop tempting us with carbs, I’ll be heading in the right direction.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ok, here goes:

1. Did not stress eat
    2. Kept carbs under 50
    3. DID NOT LOSE AN OUNCE for the last three weeks! I know I have only 20 to reach goal and I should not complain but geez three weeks and no change :'(