Metformin

Options
happyhiggins
happyhiggins Posts: 42 Member
Does anyone take Metformin for their PCOS?

I started taking Metformin in 2015-2017. I stopped taking my meds for a year and now I'm back on it. I'm still trying to get use to taking it everyday. I can already see my skin getting clearer but I'm still waiting to get my period. I don't like relying on meds but if it helps my symptoms, I'm all for it.

Replies

• samantharosebouwman20
    Options
    I was prescribed Metformin for my Type 2 Diabetes, but my doctor said that it has also had benefits for people with PCOS. I've been on it in combination with steady birth control to regulate my periods and I've noticed a bit of a difference so far. I'm also conflicted about relying on meds, but the way I see it, I'm doing everything I can as far as self-care and it isn't enough, and the meds are giving my body that extra little push that it needs to be healthy.
  • lattyse
    lattyse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was put on it to help conceive my youngest. Wasn’t on it long enough to see a change, because I ended up conceiving within a month. (Yes, I’m super thankful it was that easy for me. Now, 4.5 years later I don’t think it would be.)
    However, I will be going to a doctor soon to see if I can get back on it to ease the symptoms of PCOS. I haven’t had my period in 2 years, and have yet to see a doctor.
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    You should give it a try & see how it goes with your symptoms. I've been back on it for 2 weeks now.
  • lattyse
    lattyse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should give it a try & see how it goes with your symptoms. I've been back on it for 2 weeks now.

I will :) but deathly terrified of getting pregnant on it again, so been dragging my feet. No more babies here lol.
  • msanchez0108
    msanchez0108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was on metformin. It made me so sick so I stopped taking it. I was always puking and pooping. Everyday for months.
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. What dosage were you on? It makes me nauseated sometimes & in the beginning I was going to the bathroom a lot but now that it's in my system everything is going smoother. How long were you on Metformin?