Being a mom is hard

Options
Sorry to vent here, but I didn't know where else to turn to. I don't have support in real life. It's just me & my baby (who is 4 months old tomorrow yay!)
Being a mom is hard!!
I can see why self care is so important, my calorie counting and exercise is just for me and makes me happy. The rest of my time and day is all about being a mom and that makes me happy too. But that doesn't mean its easy.
Does it ever get easier?

Replies

• hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Being a mom is absolutely hard! It is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. And yes, in my experience it does get easier. My daughter is 2, and the older she gets, the more independent she gets. They stop needing 24/7 care and start getting their own agenda.

Self care for me is where I get refreshed and ready for more!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    @hubn8147 just wanted to thank you for the mama support group!!! Xoxo :)
  • maggie4721
    maggie4721 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - I agree with @hubn8147. Different moments of the day are a struggle for me, but overall it does get easier. I think I had undiagnosed postpartum depression. That, combined with the loss of sleep was hard. I had (still do kinda) a short fuse and I was frustrated with my husband a lot.

Now I try to view nap time as a way for me to get some self-care in. I knit & watch Parks & Rec during DD's naps. (Toddlers are intense. That's all I will say.)

Big hugs to you! You're doing great, mama. Keep it up.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    maggie4721 wrote: »
    Hi - I agree with @hubn8147. Different moments of the day are a struggle for me, but overall it does get easier. I think I had undiagnosed postpartum depression. That, combined with the loss of sleep was hard. I had (still do kinda) a short fuse and I was frustrated with my husband a lot.

Now I try to view nap time as a way for me to get some self-care in. I knit & watch Parks & Rec during DD's naps. (Toddlers are intense. That's all I will say.)

Big hugs to you! You're doing great, mama. Keep it up.

Thank you for the support & advice! Xoxo
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    hubn8147 wrote: »
    Being a mom is absolutely hard! It is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. And yes, in my experience it does get easier. My daughter is 2, and the older she gets, the more independent she gets. They stop needing 24/7 care and start getting their own agenda.

Self care for me is where I get refreshed and ready for more!

Thanks for the support! That's a good definition of self care <3
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @maggie4721 I had diagnosed myself with postpartum anxiety - I didn't even know it existed until I talked with a coworker. You always hear about postpartum depression, but never anxiety. I would have vivid visions of horrible things happening to my baby girl, and I didn't want anyone to babysit her as I was sure she would die in some sort of terrible accident. I went to a counselor and it helped some, but thank god it's going away as she gets older.