Getting Sick

Options
Brabo_Grip
Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
So I am freaking out. I am exactly 1 week from my weigh-in for my debut (and probably only) MMA fight. I have trained hard. Unfortunately, I can tell I am getting sick. Semi-swollen lymph nodes. Congestion in the back of my throat. I feel the dreaded summer cold coming on. Any ideas? Vitamin C bombs to the system? Over the counter meds? Homeopathic? I will try anything (short of gaining weight).

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    How long do your colds last, usually, and how severe are they? If you're getting it today, that should mean you'll be clear of symptoms by the day.

If you want to shorten the duration of it: SLEEP!

Seriously, sleep as much as possible! Drink plenty of fluids and take hot showers for temporary relief from congested airways.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    When I was going for my black belt promotion course I could feel a cold coming on. I got a course of vitamin B shots in the backside and was right as rain! I swear by it!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Options
    How long do your colds last, usually, and how severe are they? If you're getting it today, that should mean you'll be clear of symptoms by the day.

If you want to shorten the duration of it: SLEEP!

Seriously, sleep as much as possible! Drink plenty of fluids and take hot showers for temporary relief from congested airways.

When I get summer colds they are usually bad. A lot worse then winter. Summer colds 3-4 days off knocked on my butt with severe congestion and terrible post-nasal drip.

I have had symptoms on and off since I posted on a Friday, but it has not increased in severity. It's weird. Maybe I am ok. I am thinking my immune system is probably compromised due to my weight cut. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and take your advice and increase my rest as much as possible. I'm very hydrated (overly so) due to the cut. Thanks for the advice!

• Brabo_Grip
    Options
    When I was going for my black belt promotion course I could feel a cold coming on. I got a course of vitamin B shots in the backside and was right as rain! I swear by it!

Awesome! I'm going to see if the doc can fit me in for some tomorrow. Thanks!