July 5 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Luckily my exercise of choice does not feel like exercise. Jiu Jitsu is just too much fun. My coach says that my friend and I only ever do giggling Jiu Jitsu because we laugh the whole time we are training. The bonus of an indoor sport is that you can train regardless of the weather.
    However, for cross training I would rather be outside. Running along the beachfront or in the bush or even going for a walk instead. Swimming in the ocean or hiking up a mountain. I'm not the person who would be found lying on the beach. I'm probably climbing on the rocks with the kids looking for creatures or building and castles with kids, if I'm not in the water. Still need to try surfing...
    My job is also pretty active and about half indoors (snakes and spiders) and half outdoors (crocodiles and seals). I'm on my feet more than I sit and often have to pick up heavy things, which often do not want to be picked up and fight back. I love how this gives me a more functional strength than just kidding weights in gym.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    July 4
    Exercised?: Yes. 10km in 60+ mins (Lunch walk and over bridge).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Walk over lunch and then another over harbour bridge for dinner. Lunch was a business lunch. Working out how to get me engaged on a project in the Netherlands (as if Sydney is not far enough away from home :) )

Cafe at which I have breakfast now does a perfect breakfast for me. Bacon & eggs with worstershire sauce. Taken a few week to gently train, but worth the effort.

Well under calories for the day.

Happy 4th of July to all the US MFP'ers

July 5
    Exercised?: Yes. 10km in 60+ mins (Lunch walk and over bridge (again)).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Walk over lunch and then another for dinner. Nice weather in Sydney today. Beautify weather for walking.

Working on refreshing working knowledge of Japaneese language. After Netherlands, Japan project possible.

Yet again, well under calories for the day.

Looking forward to flying home tomorrow.

@RangerRickL. I much prefer walking in the forest to in the city. I miss it when away from home.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    July 5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    July 5th
    Exercice: Yes. Walked to swimmingpool and back, 30 minutes, swam for 30 minutes and dix another 30 minutes walking in the evening, when it had cooled down
    Calories : Yes. Stayed under budget, without eating back any exercice calories
    Logged it all: Yes.
    Another good day. I went to a marvellous dance performance tonight. I try and go out and do something every night, as part of my over-eating (and drinking) is pure boredom nibbling and quaffing ...
  • Babette1111
    Babette1111 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    July 5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES. Walked to work and back.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES. Although the mountain of hummus in my salad was alarming!!!!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

A quiet day but a good day. Scales were kind to me this evening so I’m a happy bunny!! :)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I just love walking outside
    3 x yes for today
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Good day all round :)
  • 4pence
    4pence Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wish I could exercise in nature. I live in London (luckily a green part) so there's not much nature in sight. I still go walking in sunny days though.

I had a much better day today! Although I only went over by a tiny bit yesterday the scales this morning were a whole pound heavier so I made myself have a very light day.

Exercise: yep, 20 mins into town and back
    Calories: well under, I'm finding it really hard to do 5/2 again so had around 850
    Tracked: yep!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Darn it, I will have to say Pass Day 2. The combination of being tired and women's monthly issues (TMI, sorry), did me in.

I am proud, though, that I was able to get some exercise (outdoor walking) in and have gotten some form of exercise in every day this month so far.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    I am lucky enough to live in the middle of a hilly forest with plenty of trails, a big vegetable garden, and a pond. And at my daughter's place not too far off we have 4 lovely horses. If I had to pick a favourite outdoor exercise it would be snowshoeing in winter and horseback riding the rest of the year. And just hiking around. Ok that's 3 faves.

Today 3 x yes. Exercise was mostly practicing for upcoming concerts. I don't usually count that but it was intense today!
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes..    Cardio

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?   Yes

Many times my workouts are dedicated time slots and end up indoors. I do a lot of activity in the outdoors and love being out there so much!
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    July 5
    I am using a pass today.
    Just worked a 12hr shift and I cannot imagine going to the gym right now. Still under calories today though. ✌️😊
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,613 Member
    Options
    7/5
    Exersized?- yes
    Diary?- yes
    Logged?- yes
  • onceabyrne
    onceabyrne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    July 5

Exercised 55 minutes - 2.46 total miles accumulated on 3 walks
    Calories ⬇️ under 1184/1490
    Tracked tracked 💯

We have a fabulous 1.200 acre park 5 minutes from my house. Miles of wooded nature trails that wind through shale bluffs and ravines and large concretions (pictured below). I love hiking/walking here all year round, but fall is the best!

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • Spiralspinner
    Spiralspinner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    July 5th

Yes
    Yes
    Yes!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    July 5th

Yes for all 3
    Exercised = Full Body Shred Workout
    Tracked = Logged Everything
    Calories = Under

My outdoor exercise is running, love it! But hate it on a treadmill.

• MicheleWeiss617
    MicheleWeiss617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Tracked: yes
    Calories : yes
    Exercised: not sure if you would count working a 15.25 hour shift, I am a nurse on my feet all day walking and sometimes running back and fourth, did track over 17,000 steps
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lucky to live 2 blocks from a park with a walking trail.
    Exercise-Pilates
    Calories- under
    Tracking- yup