July Schedule of Challenges!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Can you believe it is almost July???

I hope your summer is off to a great start! I’ve tried to select weekly challenges for July that are easy to work into our often hectic summer schedules. We will continue to have a new weekly challenge each Monday, though I typically post the new challenge on Sunday evening. There may be a few delays here and there because I’ve got some exciting weekend getaway plans in the works this summer!

We will continue to kick off each week with our Move It Monday challenge and our Summer of Sleep challenge continues as well. If you struggle to get enough regular sleep, please join us! Sleep is one of healthiest habits we can cultivate!

If you are new to our group, welcome!! If you’d like to receive an email notification when a new weekly challenge is posted, send me an email to: buildinghealthyhabits2@gmail.com and I will add you to our email notification list.

Here’s what’s on the horizon for July:

July 2 – July 8: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: Bean Counters!

Are beans a regular staple of your diet or do they get overlooked? Beans are a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals plus they're easy on the budget. This week, let's add some beans to our meals. There's a lot to like about these legumes!

July 9 - July 15: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: Summer Declutterfest

You asked for it so yes, Declutterfest is now a quarterly event! And it’s a good thing too! Summer seems to bring with it some extra clutter. No fear, we’ve got this! If you’re new to our group and wondering what clutter has to do with health, there are at least two important linkages. Join us this week and let’s clear the clutter!

July 16 - July 22: Theme: Greater Happiness
Challenge: One Small Word

Do you think one small word could change your perspective and might make you a happier person? I think it’s possible! Would you like to know what that word is? I bet you would! Join us this week and let’s see if a small shift in perspective can indeed boost our gratitude and happiness. It’s worked for me!

July 23 - July 29: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: HIIT IT!

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is the fitness rage right now. For good reason: the scientific evidence for HIIT is mounting. HIIT is also very flexible and can be worked into almost any exercise routine and almost anyone’s fitness level. So this week, let’s HIIT IT!

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Great challenges! Can't wait to start!

Summer is going so fast!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Excited for the Upcoming Declutter Fest!!
  • SassyCookieMe
    SassyCookieMe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree I'm needing to get some cluttering done as well....I thinking of committing myself to cluttering.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I was checking in today to see what this week's challenge is, and I'm so excited it's Declutterfest! I've been slacking and have so many areas driving me bonkers right now! :wink: