Mini Goal Challenge - Week of June 25th to July 1st

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    26rgothyzpha.png

wpwzqwloh5d1.png
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Peeps!

Last week was not too great. Still having graduation parties. I have one more and an anniversary party this Sunday!! But I am determined to get back on track this week.

Got into a nasty habit of going to this Dunkin Donuts and buying one or two donuts because they have them for 50 cents in the evenings :( So no more! I may treat myself on Sunday to one but that is it.

On sleeping, if I get in the bed before midnight I will get my 6 to 7 hrs of sleep. Going to see if this works out better.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I saw post on other thread but did not have time to reply tonight.

Have a great week! and check in often...

**Goals week of 06/25/18:**

1) No dunkin donuts – 0/6
    2) WW blue dot day* – 0/5
    3) Get in the before midnight –0/4
    4) 10 min of de-cluttering - 0/1
    5) 7000 steps -0/4

*Healthy Eating Zone
    The Healthy Eating Zone is your Daily SmartPoints Budget plus some wiggle room (10 SmartPoints below your Budget and up to 5 over it. Proof that you don’t have to be “perfect” to be on track for the day!) If you’re in the Healthy Eating Zone, you’ll see a blue dot on My Day.

887823.png
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry - Thank you for the invite. :)

Mini Goals for the Week of June 25
    1. Log daily
    2. Alcohol free Monday-Thursday
    3. Whole foods (nothing highly processed)
    4. Lights out by 11:30pm 6 of 7 nights

I got a little off track for a few weeks. Seems to happen every June. The big change this June, is that I've been able to get it back together more quickly. So my goals for this week are simple and hit on the basics of what helps everything work better for me.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Thanks for starting again this week. I can see why 50 cent DD would be tempting. Hang in there with the parties, hope you enjoy them.

@GardenMama129 Welcome! Good goals for the week.

I mostly had a great day today, in fact I was feeling pretty smug about it. I went to Vinyasa yoga in the am, which is a good calorie burning workout. Then I went to Restorative Yoga in the afternoon, which is deep stretches. We did our week's grocery shopping and I set up my food diary for my work week (W-Su). I did eat out and had sweets but was well within my calorie goal. Then... my SO wanted to go down to The Strip for a walk after dark, because it was 113 here today, too hot to walk anywhere during daylight hours. So, great, we walked over two miles but we were also checking out all the restaurants we've never been to and reminiscing about the ones we have, so I was thinking about food the whole time and on the way back I just had to stop and get some expensive French cookies, which I proceeded to eat ALL of (5) in the car on the way home at 11pm. So phooey. And I'm kind of sick to my stomach.

My intention for tomorrow is to exercise, get more water, stop eating by 8pm, do all my food prep for the work week, and not have a sugar binge.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    1. Log daily

Mon: Yes, Yes, No, Almost

My calories where within my goal range and the foods weren't bad. They just weren't the more non-processed foods that I aim for. It was an active day with a Pizza dinner.

I was also happy to get my office re-arranged yesterday. The afternoon was spent moving furniture, taking boxes of stuff upstairs and cleaning. Since, my eldest son moved, we've been able to create a proper guest room now and rearrange a lot of things to flow better through the house. It was some good exercise, plus, everything looks much better.

Yesterday was also the first full day, in almost a month, of truly being back on track with the lifestyle choices that allow me to lose weight and feel better.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @GardenMama129 - Welcome!! :smile: So glad you joined us...Good goals

@cjsacto - 113 degrees! yikes!! Good for you walking at night. that is one of the reasons why I can not do mall walking while the stores are open. Only early morning before they open. Too many temptations for me! That is the way our society is set up though so we have to face it sometime or another or be very prepare lol

Yesterday was complete flop food wish for dinner but my plans were good. Well my plan are even better today. I cooked my food this morning so now all I have to do is add a veggie which is quick or pick up a salad - fail proof. No donuts though. It is like just having it on my list helps. I did hang up some cloths but not 10 min but more than I would have done. I was in the bed by midnight and got my six hours. I would have gotten more but when I go to bed early I wake up on my own and most times if it is light out I can not go back to sleep so I did some reading and still relaxed until time to get up and put my chicken on for tonight. Going to bed early just helps me be more organized.

1) No dunkin donuts – 1/6
    2) WW blue dot day* – 0/5
    3) Get in the before midnight –1/4
    5) 7000 steps -1/4

Mon: yes no yes no yes

*Healthy Eating Zone
    The Healthy Eating Zone is your Daily SmartPoints Budget plus some wiggle room (10 SmartPoints below your Budget and up to 5 over it. Proof that you don’t have to be “perfect” to be on track for the day!) If you’re in the Healthy Eating Zone, you’ll see a blue dot on My Day.

887823.png

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Quote of the week: It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis. - Margaret Bonanno

Monday - YMCA 10:00 Tabata, 10:30 PiYo. Never done either before! Need to bring mat to PiYo. Treadmill walking to get steps in. Yay AC! Movie: Book Club. There's a 1:10 downtown. Grocery shopping to find the items that weren't available at the store Saturday (it wasn't the usual one). Need hot dog buns! 6:00 yoga if I feel up to it - the Monday instructor was really good with balance, which I need to work on.
    Tuesday - YMCA: 7:00 Pilates OR 8:30 yoga, treadmill to get steps in. Take bikes to get repaired. Hopefully that won't cost too much. 5:15 head to department dinner.
    Thursday - YMCA: 5:30 Zumba, 6:30 yoga? Possibly getting together with family.

Working at the park Wednesday, then Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Take Mercedes Lackey book to read while on break. Well this is now gonna be the Grace Lin book coz I finished the othe rone. Yay!

At some point research grants using these links:
    https://www.studentgrants.org/masters/
    https://www.fastweb.com/financial-aid/articles/research-grants-for-grad-students
    https://www.gograd.org/financial-aid/scholarships/women/

Need to talk to the husband about the tire-pressure light coming on. He says we're gonna ignore it for now. Oh well. :P

The department dinner was cancelled. Glad found out before getting the hot dog buns! Did not see Book Club and will probably miss it. :( Gonna try for Ocean's 8 on Thursday before a late lunch with family.

Pilates was interesting, but PiYo was just... PiNo! I'm not great at yoga, and it moved from one unfamiliar pose to the next relatively quickly. I don't feel like I got the benefit of either strength or balance because I was fumbling to get INTO the poses instead of holding them or flowing through them.

More later this week. Things keep getting changed and it's a little irritating.
  • cjsacto
    edited June 2018
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »
    My intention for tomorrow is to exercise, get more water, stop eating by 8pm, do all my food prep for the work week, and not have a sugar binge.

Today, I did get to a TRX exercise class, haven't gone in a couple weeks. When I left the studio, I sat in my car with the door open (hot) and ordered a pizza for pickup. Just as I was ordering, someone from the class walked by and I got major side eye. So, yeah, I ate pizza today. Stayed in my calorie range, didn't sugar binge but it wasn't a no-sugar day. Got my food prep done, I'm switching up my morning smoothie recipe for the first time in a while so I'm ridiculously excited to try the new one. This means I bought peanut butter (unsweetened) for the first time in maybe a year and a half, we'll see how that goes - it's been a problem food in the past. I think I got enough water. Had a snack after 8pm. Not nearly enough veggies or protein.

For tomorrow, my intention is to go to work early to prep for a meeting, then leave a little early to go to a yoga class. I should eat only what I've prepped and already logged. That will be on point for veggies and protein, but will be challenging because I've bumped my calorie goal down. I may add a small snack after yoga but must stop eating by 8pm. The hardest thing by far for tomorrow (and tonight): don't touch the leftover pizza.

@clicketykeys Do you have a tire pressure gauge? They are only about $5. When the temp changes the air pressure in your tires can change. The target pressure should be on a sticker inside the driver door. We just use a bike pump to top them off when needed.

Oh, I get what PiYo is. I've never cared for pilates, but I have only tried a couple of times. I do Vinyasa yoga, which flows from pose to pose without a break, it's challenging for me but at a beginner level it's doable... mostly.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Good job on the donuts! So easy to fall into a little habit like that but you can break it. Hope the meal prep worked for you today.

@GardenMama129 Nice work on your goals! It must feel good to get your office and guest room reorganized and done.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy hump day Everyone!! Hope you all are having a great week!

Last night I got in bed a little after midnight but I had insomnia, so I still did not get my six hours.

1) No dunkin donuts – 2/6
    2) WW blue dot day* – 1/5
    5) 7000 steps -1/4

Tue: yes yes no no no

*Healthy Eating Zone

887823.png

• WhineThyme
    Options
    1. Log daily

Mon: Yes, Yes, No, Almost
    Tue: Yes, No, Mostly, Not really

Enjoyed a wonderful pot luck dinner with friends Tuesday evening. Everyone brought interesting/healthy side dishes of vegetables, grains and fresh fruit. Had a small piece of fried chicken. Dessert isn't usually a thing for me. I'm lucky that I don't have a major sweet tooth. However, the hostess had baked an apple pie that was so beautiful, one person wasn't sure that it was real. I had a small piece and also enjoyed a small glass of wine. <3

Today, has been my first quiet day in what seems like forever. It was nice to just sit at my desk and do some things I haven't had time for in a while. The kitchen looks pretty nice for this time of day as well. Hopefully, today will be more conducive to better sleep tonight.

• cjsacto
    edited June 2018
    Options
    For tomorrow, my intention is to go to work early to prep for a meeting, then leave a little early to go to a yoga class. I should eat only what I've prepped and already logged. That will be on point for veggies and protein, but will be challenging because I've bumped my calorie goal down. I may add a small snack after yoga but must stop eating by 8pm. The hardest thing by far for tomorrow (and tonight): don't touch the leftover pizza.

Today:
    - I did go in early, wasn't able to leave early.
    - Could have made it to a yoga class anyway, but didn't.
    - Had a few snacks, and a little after 8pm. Not terrible on calories but more than I planned. Buying peanut butter was not a great idea.
    - No pizza. Thankfully my boyfriend finished it.

My intention for tomorrow is to eat what I've planned. No Starbucks. I should go to 6:30 TRX class.

Coincidentally, my low tire pressure light went on today, too. One tire was quite low, filled it but I hope I don't have a slow leak.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1) No dunkin donuts – 2/6
    2) WW blue dot day* – 2/5
    5) 7000 steps -2/4

Tue: yes yes no no no
    Wed no yes no no yes

*Healthy Eating Zone

887823.png

• WhineThyme
    Options
    I woke up to a very sick, elderly kitty this morning. The Vet was willing to see us right away even though we were new to her office. Tonight, our kitty is looking better. She had a really bad urinary tract infection. But it's treatable. We also now know that she has a few other issues due to aging, (she's 17) but we will now be able to keep an eye on them and hopefully keep them at bay for a few more years with some small dietary changes. (Maybe I should set her up with a kitty MFP account. lol)

So today, the only thing I accomplished on my goal list is to get to bed by 11:30. I can't imagine I will be up past then. I'm just happy that the day has ended on a better note than it started.
  • cjsacto
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My intention for tomorrow is to eat what I've planned. No Starbucks. I should go to 6:30 TRX class.

How I did today: peanut butter.

My intention for tomorrow is less peanut butter. Also to get to work on time.

@GardenMama129 Glad your kitty is on the mend. Poor thing, it's hard when our furr babies are sick.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Awesome on the donuts.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    1. Log daily

Well, this past week has been an odd one. My kitty is feeling better :smiley: and now my husband is sick. :'( I'm dedicating today to getting life back into some sort of a more normal rhythm and posting some new mini goals tomorrow. Kind of happy to see a new week kick off!

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My Dad is terminal with infections. Hospice has been mentioned twice. Doctors still fighting for him and with him. Hopefully this will give him a little more time with us in these final days of the last days. :|:'(<3

Dad seems to be okay and is in pretty good spirits. He is aware of everything. With him visiting so many himself over the years I think he kind of knew he was terminal even though we had not really mentioned it until yesterday. But he is being a trooper.

So another stressful week but considering my eating has been ok. Me and my sister decided to have a sister night out Friday and that was so good. We looked at family photos for a co-loge my sister is making,

Today going to an anniversary party.

1) No dunkin donuts – 4/6
    2) WW blue dot day* – 3/5
    3) Get in the before midnight – 4/4
    5) 7000 steps -3/4

*Healthy Eating Zone

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

How I did today: peanut butter.

My intention for tomorrow is less peanut butter. Also to get to work on time.

@GardenMama129 Glad your kitty is on the mend. Poor thing, it's hard when our furr babies are sick.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Awesome on the donuts.

lol, good luck on PB!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Have a happy Sunday give your love ones a hug! <3:)
This discussion has been closed.