Where is the weight loss coming from?

Options
amoreslove
amoreslove Posts: 15 Member
I've been on phentermine for about a month now, taking half dose daily and skipping the weekends. I'm kind of shocked at how quickly the weight is coming off. My scale can't keep up! Seriously, for some reason it will not give me an accurate weight anymore, so I'm not sure just how much I've lost, but it might be as much as 15 lbs. It's great seeing the number go down on the scale of course, but I don't know where the weight is coming from. Sure, my clothes seem to fit slightly better and my face looks thinner, but when I do measurements, they really haven't changed. My thighs, waist and hips are still the same. I wonder if others have experienced the same.

I drink a lot of water throughout the day, and get in about 30 minutes of cardio everyday. Keeping my calories to around 1200. I should be losing fat, but I'm worried that I'm actually losing weight from some other random area of my body. Thoughts?

Replies

• TheFairyJester
    Options
    what other random parts of your body do you think it can be coming from.

aslong as you are eating lots of good protien and exercising, but mostly the protien thing.

its the fat.. it just walks away
  • lanakat
    lanakat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Iv only lost 13 pound so far, but some of my jeans are a little loose. My waist was 38 now its 36 YEAH!!!!
  • lanakat
    lanakat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I meant to say 48 now 46 on my previous post..... Now my waist is 44.5 and Iv lost 18 pounds to date...Its not just the Adipex. Its the counting calories and working out 5 to 6 days a week,. Normally I walk and ride my stationary bike. I think the meds gave me the energy needed to start working out. I started at 1/2 mile a day now Im up to 3 miles a day on most days. Have a good day! :o)
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Exactly what Lanakat said. I am losing about two pounds a week. I am 5'1. I started out at 162 on February 4th. Now I am 142. A lot of it is due to plugging in my calories here, and doing Zumba two or three times a week, and my exercise bike for an hour two or three times a week. I am learning to do weight training too.

The other times I have taken Phentermine, I tended to lose 1/2 a pound a week, and after six weeks I didn't lose much more. But that was when I was not watching what I ate, and I didn't exercise much.