SUBWAY Veggie Food Color

KaleYeah
KaleYeah Posts: 9 Member
WTF? Why in the world does Subway use food color for banana peppers and pickles?? I was shocked to see the ingredients for the veggies as anything other than the veggie.

See it here.
http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/usProdIngredients.pdf

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    WTF? Why in the world does Subway use food color for banana peppers and pickles?? I was shocked to see the ingredients for the veggies as anything other than the veggie.

See it here.
    http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/usProdIngredients.pdf

That's wild!
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Firehouse subs uses fish in their mushrooms! Gross!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    Bummed! That's the only fast food I ever eat anymore because I could get a veggie sub! Maybe I should open a truly vegan fast-food chain!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Bummed! That's the only fast food I ever eat anymore because I could get a veggie sub! Maybe I should open a truly vegan fast-food chain!

Do it! :drinker:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    Note to self: No more banana peppers on Subway veggie!!!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,214 Member
    If you look at most jarred pickles in the grocery store, you'll see that most of them have the food coloring. Unfortunately, it's not just Subway.
  • veg_runner
    veg_runner Posts: 38 Member
    Food coloring aside, I'm still eagerly awaiting when Subway announces they will introduce the vegan subs everywhere. (For those unfamiliar, last year they tested 3 vegan subs in a few locations for a limited time.) It would be equally good for vegan food and for people that aren't vegan (yet) just looking for a healthier option besides veggie delite. I mean they could advertise to death that it is cholesterol free and low fat (most likely) or at least lower fat than the dead animal carcass bits people are putting in their sandwiches now.