FitBit lack of technical support?

Options
happytree923
happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
I posted this in the fitness forum and someone suggested to post here too.

Does anyone have any experience with Fit Bit’s tech support? The app on my phone is not calculating macro percentages correctly. I reported the problem over a month ago and it still isn’t fixed. They haven’t given me any updates or time frame, and when I sent a follow up email they gave me no information again and told me to be patient.

I’m pretty frustrated with their support considering how much their devices cost. Has anyone successfully had a problem like this fixed?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say the app on your phone is not calculating anything.

It's merely displaying info calculated in your account.

The 2 are not the same thing - app server, and account server.

Now, the only reason I ask this, is because many on MFP think they have discovered an issue with Macros being computed wrong - when it's actually the database entries either being wrong, or the fact labels have flexibility in the numbers they report that can make it wrong over the course of a day.

You have some example entries you could share - it could just be that Fitbit actually sees no issue, because there really isn't one.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Sorry to say the app on your phone is not calculating anything.

It's merely displaying info calculated in your account.

The 2 are not the same thing - app server, and account server.

Now, the only reason I ask this, is because many on MFP think they have discovered an issue with Macros being computed wrong - when it's actually the database entries either being wrong, or the fact labels have flexibility in the numbers they report that can make it wrong over the course of a day.

You have some example entries you could share - it could just be that Fitbit actually sees no issue, because there really isn't one.

It is a problem specific to the app because the online dashboard calculates correctly. The app doesn’t seem to register protein for certain foods and this does not happen at all on the dashboard. Fitbit support confirmed that there is a problem and it shouldn’t be doing what it is doing, so no, it is not user error.