Feeling Icky

Options
powellfam2006
powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
AF has been super late the last 2 cycles I have had. This time she is over 14 days late, I have cramping, I got sick this morning, my nipples hurt like crazy (TMI ) sorry, and I feel awful. Took a test a few weeks ago, Negative as always...hate spending money on tests to be disappointed. Things had been coming on time maybe a day or two late from January to May then Bam.....not sure what to do, I guess If it doesn't start by Monday I will have to call and get a RX. So frustrating. Anyone have this happen to them?

Replies

• Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the tests. I've resorted to the cheepo ones at the dollar store. They just arent self contained, meaning you pee in a cup and drop on urin with a pipette. As far as the other stuff absolutly yes! At one point I was cycling only 60 days or so. I'd have several days that I would have cramping and breast tenderness. I've found that it usually happens around the time of ovulation for me, then again around the time of my cycle.
  • aegarvey
    aegarvey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I feel where you're coming from. I was excited, felt like cycles were getting back on track, and then def no ovulation last cycle and now this one is running at least a week longer than usual. I get the dip strip tests, but haven't even been bothering with those since I'd rather just put off the disappointment. There are definitely good days and bad days. I hope things get better for you!
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am trying to lose enough weight to get my cycles back on track! I have only had 2 normal AFs in the last 5 years where it came two months in a row. I hate that you never know when it is coming, and you don't want to waste money on something that will just give you bad NEWS!! aka a TEST! I hope af comes before the weekend ends, or even better you decide to take a test and get a BFP!!
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    AF reared her ugly head... Booooo.. Thanks for the support though :)
  • imgoingblue
    Options
    Powellfam2006, So sorry to hear the disappointing news! That's so frustrating. :(

For those that find themselves testing often (like me who is rather impatient) you can buy them off amazon.com in packs of 50 for about $20. You have to pee in a cup and then dip the stick in it for 3 seconds but it's not bad at all... and you don't have to have the added stress of "should I test or not" when it comes to cost! (But it is quite a bummer when they come up negative...)