Good Jean Cut?

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
I posted this in the chit-chat section but they're all too worried about licking and banging each other so I thought you guys would have some better input. Looking for a good jean cut. I'm 5/11 and in the pic, I'm wearing a 42/30 Bootcut from Old Navy. I bought some walmart Wranglers and they fit like garbage... straight leg and they're all baggy in the legs and butt... so what's a good jean cut and where do you get yours?
Picture11_zpsceb34c20.png

Replies

• dethjester
    dethjester Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't be of much help because for the first time since I was a kid, I can actually buy those same walmart wranglers and they currently fit me well enough.

Admittedly it could just be the ecstatic side of fitting a 38/34 loosely when I was wearing 44's a year ago.

Good luck with the jeans hunt.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm still shopping at the big & tall store so I just take what I can.
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Big & Tall stores are a joke... because they don't offer a good selection for just BIG guys... you have to be tall too.. so EVERYTHING has to be altered. What's your size EDollah? You can have the stuff that's too big for me. I've got a ton of jeans, shirts etc... no charge. I was gonna give'em to goodwill anyway.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Mark, what I would suggest is going to a goodwill and trying on several brands and sizes, I shop at goodwill now and will until I hit goal. One advantage of this is they have so many brands and size variations that even if you do not want to buy them it will give you an idea of what you need to look for.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Big & Tall stores are a joke... because they don't offer a good selection for just BIG guys... you have to be tall too.. so EVERYTHING has to be altered. What's your size EDollah? You can have the stuff that's too big for me. I've got a ton of jeans, shirts etc... no charge. I was gonna give'em to goodwill anyway.

That is a most generous offer Mark and I appreciate it. The good news, which I left out earlier, is that I'm on the cusp of being able to shop at "regular" stores. I'm, like, 1 size away (44"ish), so go ahead and Goodwill your goodies.

Again, thanks for your generosity.
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Yeah... like I said, I'm an odd size. Right now I'm between sizes 42-40 and my inseam is only 30... lol there was a brief period of time in my early 20's when I was a 28/30... I'd like to have a smaller waist than inseam.. ONE day.... :o)

Keep up the great work guys!!

No problem Edollah
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having good luck getting my jeans from TSC - Tractor Supply Company. They have a brand called Stone Mountain which is dirt cheap. $10/pair, which comes in quite handy during this period where - hopefully - they are disposable due to a steady drop in waistline size.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My butt and thighs are big relative to my waist (especially now that I've lost 8 inches there). I swear by Levi 550's and 560's. Plenty of room in the butt and thighs and great quality (stands up to a lot of washes).
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just get what ever jeans are on sale, levi's, wranglers, etc but the fit that seems the best is the 'relaxed' fit jeans. A little roomier in the waist, butt, and upper thigh with just enough taper to not look like you are wearing a denim tent.