Food dreams... anyone experienced this?

Options
Mellykay88
Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Over the past few weeks I’ve started having dreams where I’m eating really high calorie foods. Last night I dreamed I was about to eat a giant cinnamon roll. It sounds completely crazy, but it was really distressing for some reason. I woke up afraid... like I’d had a nightmare. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve recently started seeing a therapist for some other issues and I’ll probably bring this up there.

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    no, can't say that I have, but it is has caused you to be anxious, I'd definitely bring it up with your counselor - its very easy for those who are actively trying to lose weight to develop eating disorders, and that's not a good way to live life or enjoy the new you at all!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yes and mine were doughnuts , i could taste it almost , woke up wanted doughnuts so bad , but that was back in the first few months , haven't done it recently , but yeah it was scary , cause if we would have had doughnuts in the house I would have eaten them . But once I had coffee and ate my breakfast it was all gone and I was OK LOL but yes I would tell your Therapist if it continued . never know why and she/he might be able to tell you why .......and then come tell us why LOL
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not yet, @Mellykay88, but maybe when I've reached the success levels you have, I'll have some of those dreams too.
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me, but I am a former smoker and I have those type of dreams about cigarettes. I will be really upset in the dreams because I'm having a cigarette but I know I shouldn't be because I know I've quit. I think it's probably normal. Think about how much you probably thought of food when you were gaining. I'm guessing for a lot of us the "before" our lives revolved around food. Then you start working on getting healthy and your life still revolves around food, just in a different way. It's bound to creep into your subconscious.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight when I lived in Russia. I don’t think it was trying to lose weight that caused my food dreams, but rather, the fact that I was an ocean away from some favorite restaurants and I would dream now and then of being back at them finally. Now, of course, I daydream of my favorite places and foods from Russia and wish I had learned how to make more dishes myself.

Also, I am a former smoker and I have the smoking dreams now and again and wake up frustrated because I take awhile to come out of it and realize I haven’t lost all my progress. My last cigarette in real life was smoked May 19, 2001. But there are days when I wish I had one!!
  • bullchifrench123
    bullchifrench123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a dream like this a couple times a month. I asked this same question a week or so ago. I’m at this grand seafood buffet, and I’m practically drooling over all the food. Big shrimp the size of my hand. But right before I take a bite, I wake up. 😭😑