Mini Goal Challenge - Week of July 16th to 22nd

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Mini Goals for July 16 - 22 (Monday-Sunday)
    1. Strength training 3 days
    2. No alcohol
    3. No video after 11pm (tv, laptop, not even the solitaire app on my phone)

For my weekly goals, I like to stretch myself with those things that I’m trying to make into new habits and sometimes for old habits that need refocusing. The hardest goal on this week's list is the “No video after 11pm.” I use to read at night before going to sleep or if I woke up and had trouble going back to sleep. I understand the issues with the light from electronic devices and their impact on my sleep. I would eventually like to get the “No video” goal moved up more. But even 11pm will be a good start to help me relearn how to live without electronic devices at night.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm having a hard time setting goals that I'll actually meet right now.

I am still prepping meals on work days and logging at least 95% of everything I eat (some estimates). I am NOT doing well with snacking and I'm having kind of a lot of sugar. I'm not getting much exercise, though I did get a fitness tracker (finally) for steps. My weight is up a few pounds from my lowest at the beginning of June.

I'm back to drinking coffee, which impacts my sleep and water intake, because I sip on my coffee for a few hours every day instead of drinking water. It also goes so well with a little something sweet. I really think giving up coffee most of last year really helped my weight loss... But I LIKE it so much. It very noticeably improves my mood and energy and helps me be so much more productive at work. Not sure what to do.

For today: 5,000 steps, got some cardio. Overate, but it's after 8pm now and the kitchen is closed.

Goal: Check in again tomorrow.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time setting goals that I'll actually meet right now.

I am still prepping meals on work days and logging at least 95% of everything I eat (some estimates). I am NOT doing well with snacking and I'm having kind of a lot of sugar. I'm not getting much exercise, though I did get a fitness tracker (finally) for steps. My weight is up a few pounds from my lowest at the beginning of June.

I'm back to drinking coffee, which impacts my sleep and water intake, because I sip on my coffee for a few hours every day instead of drinking water. It also goes so well with a little something sweet. I really think giving up coffee most of last year really helped my weight loss... But I LIKE it so much. It very noticeably improves my mood and energy and helps me be so much more productive at work. Not sure what to do.

For today: 5,000 steps, got some cardio. Overate, but it's after 8pm now and the kitchen is closed.

Goal: Check in again tomorrow.

I enjoy my coffee too! Because coffee can be such a part of my day (the habit of having it, tasting it...), I have found that on the occasions that I needed to cut back, it helped to simply drink my coffee with half decaf. I generally have 2 cups each morning. It's rather engrained into my brain/habit/schedule. So as long as my taste buds get what they are expecting and my brain gets some of what it's expecting, the over-all morning still moves along. If you're trying to go caffeine free, it might be away to start the process without so much associated withdrawal from the caffeine and the habit all at the same time.

Now, if I could just get that "prepping meals" thing down, my life would be so much better!
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    2. No alcohol

Mon: 1. Off, 2. Yes, 3. No

Last night, I went to an evening class with my husband to start learning more about planning for retirement. I would like to blame my failure for doing the "no video after 11pm" on that, but it's really because I've convinced myself that watching something on Netflix before going to sleep will help me wind down and sleep better. Let's just say that it did not help last night and that it really never helps which is why this is one of my mini goals for this week. Tonight, I will endeavor to stick to the plan and no matter what, be unplugged after 11pm.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited July 2018
    Options
    2. No alcohol

Mon: 1. Off, 2. Yes, 3. No

Last night, I went to an evening class with my husband to start learning more about planning for retirement. I would like to blame my failure for doing the "no video after 11pm" on that, but it's really because I've convinced myself that watching something on Netflix before going to sleep will help me wind down and sleep better. Let's just say that it did not help last night and that it really never helps which is why this is one of my mini goals for this week. Tonight, I will endeavor to stick to the plan and no matter what, be unplugged after 11pm.
    # 3 -- Is soooo hard --- Oh my!! Kudos to you. I listen to music to put me to sleep and some nights I take 5 to 10 mg of melatoanin also.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    2. No alcohol

Mon: 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. No
    Tue: 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. No

Well, it's almost 11:00pm and I already know goal #3 isn't going to happen again tonight. We met our eldest son for dinner. Got home at a reasonable time. Put on my jammies and got into bed with my cats and laptop to take care of some things that needed to be done. I was thinking there would be time for that and a quick tv show before lights out.

BUT THEN, my foot felt a wet spot under the covers. Upon closer examination, I realized one of the cats had thrown up or peed on the quilt and it had gone through to the mattress cover. (I love that I had a mattress cover!) So I'm taking all the bed linens off to wash them when son #2 comes into the room to tell me he couldn't find his staple gun for a project he needs to finish tomorrow.

SO, it's 11:00pm. The quilt has been washed, the staple gun found, the throw blanket that was on the bed is in the washing machine and I'm just now finishing up everything that I needed to get done. I still want to unwind a bit before attempting to sleep. Hopefully, I will have lights out by midnight.

TOMORROW --- 11:00pm!

Wishing everyone a wonderful hump day (Wednesday) tomorrow!

• cjsacto
    Options
    @gardenMama129 Your 11pm goal is a very good one. I vaguely plan my bedtime at 11pm but I rarely turn everything off by then.

Tuesday: Ate fine all day but sugar bombs in the evening.

Today: Ate light today til 5 but once I got home I did some damage. Actually technically within my calorie goal today.

Goal for tomorrow: more water!
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    2. No alcohol

Wed: 1. No, 3. Yes, 3. YES!

Yippee!!! I finally did it! All electronic and video devices were off, closed and out of the way before 11:00pm. I even had 3 or 4 minutes to spare! Now, to see if I can manage this feat two days in a row. It was wonderful once I forced myself to do it. I read for a little bit and had lights out and was snuggled under the covers ready to sleep by midnight. This morning, I actually woke up feeling so much better with my nearly 8 hours of sleep! :sleeping:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Awesome job Everyone!

I am doing good on 6 hours of sleep. I may increase in a few weeks. We will see. My average this week is over 6 so I will take it. I have some blue days. I will try to add up. just out of it this week and taking a break but staying on track if you know what I mean.

Keep up the good work!!
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Today was productive at work. I was about on target with calories today, though I forgot my lunch so I had a sweet granola bar. Terrible on water.

Tomorrow I plan to eat what I've prepped and pre-logged without more than 150 cal in other snacks.

@GardenMama129 Good job on shutting down the electronics! That's not easy.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Good for you getting more sleep - and the blue dot days, too!
  • WhineThyme
    edited July 2018
    Options
    2. No alcohol

Wed: 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. YES!
    Thu: 1. No, 2. Yes, 3 No, but better

Didn't make it by 11:00 last night. But I was in bed, without additional video or cell phone games, trying to sleep by midnight. Also, when I woke up during the night (thank you kitty for meowing), I simply went back to sleep without checking the phone or anything else. That's still a big improvement.

@IsMollyReallyHungry - We can get this sleep thing down. I know we can. :flowerforyou:

@cjsacto - I have some serious prepping to do for today and the rest of the weekend. Another habit that I'm working on that makes a big difference to me too.