Get Dat Rear in Gear July, Week 4: (7/22-7/31)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
Repeat of the challenge blurb. :smile:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge is brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Cadori

It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Whatever the season, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything.

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :weary: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone Sunday morning, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals on this thread. As always, I'll have links to each week's thread in the sticky post at the top of the Group should things get nuts, and it get knocked off the front page.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• baconslave
    Options
    Posting early as I won't be back in town until Sun afternoon.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    OK, joining in on this one... was doing so well on my three weeks off, hit my 10K almost everyday..but now I'm in the middle of a 21 day/ 12 hour a day hitch and I need motivation to move and stay on track!
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Joining this! I'm new to the forums
  • Shutthefridge
    Shutthefridge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joining this as I need to get my rear in hear! Starting lc today too!
  • Adelia979
    Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Me too. The scale is very obviously moving in the wrong direction now and there's only so much I can blame on my 14 week old twins... time to take some responsibility.
    It's been too hot or rainy to take them for walks like I was so I'm taking a pair of walking shoes to work and I plan to walk on my lunch break or leave a little early to get a walk in before the daycare closes. If that doesn't work, I might pay for a community center membership so I can go work out on my lunch. Something about paying to use something has always made me want to use it to get my money's worth, lol.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Even though my treadmill died last weekend, I got up daily to run outside and got some strength training in as well. I managed to cut back on Starbucks and refrained from snacking at night. Low and behold the scale moved in the right direction! I’ll be focused again on eliminating snacking at night and eating when hungry. This weekend was the husband’s birthday so sweets snuck their way in. Tomorrow is back on the wagon for both of us.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    7/22

:blush: 1. Stay within calorie goal.
    :disappointed: 2. Workout 3/7 days a week.
    :neutral: 3. Widdle down to 150! Ultimate end goal for the month. (Doesn't apply yet)
    :neutral: 4. Stop ordering food that pushes me over calories at work. (Day off)

I'm updating my workout goals for now because I realized right now I couldn't do it before.
  • tifano
    Options
    07/23/18

I planned on going into the gym this morning at 5am to do a ropes class however I had a terrible time sleeping last night (not sure why) so I skipped the gym and today I'm walking on my lunch hour and breaks.

Started the Beef & Butter fast yesterday and continue with that today. We'll finish the fast at lunch on Wednesday.

Get into the gym starting tomorrow-Saturday.
  • tayusuki
    Options
    7/23

:blush: 2. Workout 3/7 days a week. (1/3)
    :neutral: 3. Widdle down to 150! Ultimate end goal for the month. (Doesn't apply yet)

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging halfway in there. Spin class last night and kayaking tonight. NEAT/de-cluttering my house is going well. Have not gotten in the walks or outdoor bike rides I wanted.
  • tifano
    Options
    tifano wrote: »
    07/23/18

I planned on going into the gym this morning at 5am to do a ropes class however I had a terrible time sleeping last night (not sure why) so I skipped the gym and today I'm walking on my lunch hour and breaks.

Started the Beef & Butter fast yesterday and continue with that today. We'll finish the fast at lunch on Wednesday.

I went into the gym this morning and did kickboxing! Holla! I didn't want to go in but I did it anyway. Super glad I did. Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday
  • baconslave
    Options
    bump
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Been getting my two a day workouts in as normal this week and NEAT remains solid. A little snacking on pistachios last night but I think I stayed within calorie goal. Stress at work normally leads to mindless eating but I’ve locked it down so far this week. Now if I could find a treadmill I like. Any recommendations?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: Had to take some unplanned rest days b/c I tweaked my back (likely from overdoing it last week :( ).
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Plan to do PT home program (from a few years ago) instead.
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: :):):)
    4. Log food or at least carbs at least 5 days/week. :):):):)
    5. (New one) Carbs at/under 10%. 3/4 (and the "off" day was 11% so not bad ;))
    6. Go to bed by 11:30 on weeknights. 2/3 so far.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    In an ergonomics training today, and noticed I was the only one wiggling in my chair, rocking back and forth, shaking my foot, swinging my legs... i.e. general fidgetiness, love of life, and bouncing to the music in my head.

Never before noticed how much NEAT varies in people.
  • tifano
    Options
    07/23/18

I went into the gym this morning and did kickboxing! Holla! I didn't want to go in but I did it anyway. Super glad I did. Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday

Forgot to log yesterday but went to the gym again yesterday morning. We did a class called HighNRG. It's conditioning and strength together ... probably my favorite class

This morning went to another kickboxing class. Again liked it more than I thought I would...

My goal is to go again tomorrow morning and Saturday.
  • tayusuki
    Options
    7/24

:blush: 2. Workout 3/7 days a week. (2/3)

7/25
    :disappointed: 1. Stay within calorie goal.
    :disappointed: 2. Workout 3/7 days a week. (2/3)

Twas a bad Wednesday! I was very much over. I also hadn't been sleeping well because we haven't had a cooler (In Arizona!!). AC was finally fixed today and I'm very conscious of what I'm eating today. I wanna make up some of my deficit over the weekend~
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Vacation last week (kind of...did some stuff around the house and worked from home, so gymless) but I'm back this week. Got to the gym yesterday and today, on the next HIIT phase (1:2 ratio work:rest) and a couple lifts afterward. I tell ya, HIIT has always been the best thing for my mood/brain. Food on point. Basically, not derailed from vacation!! :)