August Schedule of Challenges!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member

And now we turn the corner into summer’s homestretch: August. I’ve again tried to select weekly challenges that are easy to work into our crazy summer schedules. We will continue to start off each week with our Move It Monday challenge and our Summer of Sleep challenge continues as well. If you struggle to get enough regular sleep, please join us! Sleep is one of the best habits we can have.

This month, 3 of our 5 weekly challenges were suggested by members of our group! I always welcome your suggestions for future challenges and you can post them here in our Weekly Challenges Suggestion Box. Special shoutout to @prgirl39mfp and @MadisonMolly2017 for suggesting these challenges.

If you are new to our group, welcome! If you’d like to receive an email notification when a new weekly challenge is posted, send me an email to buildinghealthyhabits2@gmail.com and I will add you to our email notification list.

Here’s what’s cooking for August:

July 30 – Aug 5: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: New to Me

Summer produce is boundless this time of year. But for many of us, we buy the same fruits and vegetables week after week. Let's break that cycle, mix it up, and try some new healthy options. Who knows? Something you try this week could just become a new favorite!

Aug 6 - Aug 12: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: No Snowballs (By Request)

The overarching goal of our group is to spend a week exploring a healthy habit that we might not be doing as part of our daily routine to see if it’s a good fit for us. Think of it as test driving a healthy habit. But the flipside is also important: we also want to stop bad practices early on from taking root and becoming bad habits. Have you started doing something lately that’s working against your health and fitness goals? Let’s put a stop to it this week!

Aug 13 - Aug 19: Theme: Greater Happiness
Challenge: The Projects Page (By Request)

Chances are you have a project that you’ve been meaning to get to for years. You’ve put it off because it just seems like such a monumental undertaking and other things have taken priority. You know you need to get going on this particular project, but it’s stressful just thinking about it and hard to imagine that it could ever be completed. Well, guess what? Several of us have decided to stop stressing and start peeling away at these long-standing projects. And we want you to join us!

Aug 20 - Aug 26: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: New Years in August (By Request)

Did you make some New Year’s resolutions for 2018 way back in December or January? If you did, how are they holding up? There are 19 weeks left in 2018. This week, let’s do a mid-year assessment of where we are and where we want to be at the end of this year. What needs to change and what do we need to do differently to reach our goals for 2018?

Aug 27 - Sept 2: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Sticking With It

The last unofficial week of summer can be pretty chaotic with family vacations and other outings. It can really throw our exercise routines for a loop. Let's not let that happen. Let's keep the focus on exercising this week. And if we are away from the gym this week, let's find creative ways to keep moving.

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Love these challenges. Thanks for allowing me to make suggestions and be a part of this wonderful group!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Yes! These look fantastic- thank you!
  • Sunkissed214
    Sunkissed214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Can't wait to get started on these challenges!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Can't wait to get started on these challenges!

Welcome to our group, @Sunkissed214! We are glad you are here and that you’re excited about our weekly challenges!
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Video games set. Planning on one hour of active video games