Looking for buddies!

trezell87
trezell87 Posts: 5 Member
I am in love with strength training and am looking for buddies looking to lose weight and gain muscle. I don't necessarily want to get ripped; I just love feeling strong. I want to lose about 60 pounds before medical school. I've been doing the Body Beast program for over a year now but my diet hasn't been very good. I still have a lot of muscle but it is now buried beneath my fat suit. Figured out my TDEE but still have some questions. Need some advice on meal prepping as well.

Replies

• VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Ooh! Hi! I am on track to start pharm school fall 2019 (if I get in :# ) and I would love to lose weight and get stronger before then. I am technically 110-120 lbs overweight and my pecs which used to be poppin’ are all but missing.

I am technically starting over again but have so far lost 4 lbs (likely water weight of course) since last Friday by just cutting out a dessert (of the many...) a day, and adding some light lifting.

I also need help with meal prepping/planning when it comes right down to it.
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi....good luck with school! Feel free to add me to your friends list :) I'm on track to lose 44 lbs (total loss so far 33 lbs) I workout 2-4 times a week and eat keto/Paleo meals ...my food diary is open to view
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I find strength training in general to be soooo booooring...but so necessary for bone health and being strong. I like Body Beast, it's a very solid program...I tend to switch it up with P90X, and currently doing a modified version of P90X3.

In terms of food and such, I had my best results using this calculator, then cutting the carbs in half...but I tend toward hypoglycemia, so if you don't have any metabolic issues then you may not need to reduce the carbs:

https://rippedbody.com/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/