Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the August 2018 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• morriswife71
    morriswife71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle. I live in Montana. I am grateful for a challenge like this because I have e been slacking in my diary keeping. Good luck to everyone!
  • strongkater
    strongkater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I’m Kate. Happy to join for for August. Looking for the Champions Circle.... if I can do this maybe I can do something else too...
  • benimbenayse
    benimbenayse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello hello :)
    I am Ayse
    I'm in too!
  • hannabarket
    hannabarket Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am Hanna. I am 28, from WA. traveling in SE Asia this year and currently in Malaysia. Traveling and traveling with two preschoolers has made me gain weight. I already had weight from my pregnancies so I need to get focused. I know my weakness is the food quantity and sugar addiction. I am hoping to stay active and keep myself accountable for this challenge :smile:
  • aliharps
    aliharps Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Alison. Mum of 2 preschooler boys. Finding it hard to stay on track so hoping this is gonna make me accountable. A bit scared but sure can succeed with help on here! X
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Caitlin. This challenge is EXACTLY what I need. I am tired of sabotaging my diet. I am excited to have found this, so hello and all the very best to us all for August 😊
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Jenn. Joining this challenge for the first time. I’ve been off and on my diet the last six months. Really hoping this challenge provides the motivation I need to get back on track and stick to it!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, welcome newbies (well, I've only done this for June and July, so kinda new myself).

I had slipped off the MFP wagon in AprilMay, so to speak, and this helped me get back into it on a consistent and daily basis from the first day of June. Good luck all.... Basically, just don't give up, and it's one day at a time!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Liselyn from Quebec and I have been playing with the UAC gang for a few months now. I'm maintaining and this group really helps - no slips last for long and the support is great even if you don't make the winner's circle. Welcome to all the newcomers!
  • sunpatientes
    sunpatientes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Peggy from Wa. This is the first time in this group and have high hopes of succeeding. : )
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Tami. I am excited to join this challenge as I have been missing the accountability and support so crucial for success when trying to make and maintain healthy habits. I am good on the exercise part, but I want to improve my eating.
  • javacreek
    javacreek Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am excited to start the challenge. The daily structure is what I need. Thanks for hosting @RangerRickL!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I am Mary (or Mimi is my nickname). I am looking forwards to the accountability of this group, as I do best when I am logging my food consistently. Thanks for having me in your group! :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Back for my third month. June was a write off thanks to a torn ankle ligament and July included a 10 day celebration of being on earth for 4 decades, so aiming for that Winners Circle in August.

I spend my day playing with snakes, spiders and seals and my off time trying to choke my friends (through a sport called Brazilian Jiu Jitsu). I live on the beautiful south coast of South Africa and had the best birthday present ever this year with a mini summer in mid-winter. August is the last month of that miserable cold season and I can endure it, knowing that summer is coming!!!!

I am close to goal weight and have actually maintained here for 2 and a half years, but I prefer fighting one weight class down (as I'm currently in the upper division which doesn't have a limit in some competitions) and I hate weight cuts pre-fight so I want to maintain within the division I fight at. Only 5 kgs below my current level so not too far away!!!!
  • alamedajennifer
    alamedajennifer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50! Need to lose 20lbs. I haven’t been successful so I hope this kicks me in to gear.
  • louisa954
    louisa954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m Louisa from New Zealand. This is my first MFP challenge and perfect for me. I work as a pastry chef and am very unaccountable for the food I put in my mouth