August 28 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO, that means it is the last full winter moon for me! We had a beautiful moon on Sunday night.
    Summer is coming!!!!!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    August 27
    Exercised?: No. Drone track setup and pack up (over 10,000 steps).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Worked across town (over 2 hours driving as unable to use public transport). Although 1km walk to lunch and return and various errands throughout the day, not enough to make for 20 mins dedicated activity.

Really tired and early night.

So this makes pass day #2 for me this month.

August 28
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Worked from home today (shorter commute). Busy day, but managed to get a walk in (and it is very cold outside for what we usually get in Melbourne).

Also got a chance for flying tonight (under-cover car park). Very cold.

@RangerRickL. Apologies for not posting last night early night was 9:30pm. Was falling asleep after dinner and decided sleep was more important.

Beautiful moon picture. Looking forward to warmer weather.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Exercize: 1h-something gym cross training + 1h45 mtb ride
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes, 10 min quigong, 30 min yoga, 90 min cleaning, 50 min walk, 20 min gardening
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    August 28
    Exercised Yes - Zumba class 1 hour and walked dog
    Calories Yes
    Tracked Yes
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Didn't log today - spent hours practicing. A student from a million years ago came to visit and lent me his bass flute for my upcoming concert. It weighs a ton (thanks to my exercises it is not a problem!) and will take some time to find all of its little secrets. But what a sound!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,617 Member
    Options
    8/28
    Exercise?- yes
    Caleries?- yes
    Logged?-yes
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minutes weight lifting, a 60 minute Hatha Yoga class, and a 60 minute Pilates Mat class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Weights this morning were tough, only to discover I was using the heavier bar so everything was 5kg more than I thought! ...

Haven't stepped on the scale for a few days because I'm sure it's up from the Weight lifting I'm doing. Trying to give it a couple of weeks to adjust to the new training!

@Dory_42. Nice to find when an error has been in your favour. You are stronger than you thought.

I would not worry so much about the scale. It takes time for changes in muscle mass to show (usually a week or two). Each days weight is heavily influenced by cell hydration. The best indications of weight is a 7 day average, not an individual days/mornings weight.

The best indications or health are how the clothes are fitting and how you are feeling. Weight is really only important if you are a fighter (and need to make a weight category) or a jockey.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    8/28
    Exercise? Yes...indoor walk today in the mall out of the heat and humidity
    Calories? Within allowance
    Tracked? Yes...everything is logged

@RangerRickL beautiful pic of the last full moon for the summer!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Under again today! Even with snacks. Enjoyed 70 minutes of dog walking.
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes 3x. 2.5 mile walk.
  • leanHelen
    leanHelen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    I strained my calf badly last night playing badminton 😫 I'm devastated I've been enjoying running and have registered for a marathon at the start of November.
    Hope everyone else has a better day!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @leanHelen
    I’m sorry for your injury!!! May you heal promptly!

My report:
    I flew to California today for a conference
    All went well
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Aug28
    Yesx3
    Ex: 63 May be 14,635 steps
    Calories: under 423!
    Track: yes, all
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    I would not worry so much about the scale. It takes time for changes in muscle mass to show (usually a week or two). Each days weight is heavily influenced by cell hydration. The best indications of weight is a 7 day average, not an individual days/mornings weight.

The best indications or health are how the clothes are fitting and how you are feeling. Weight is really only important if you are a fighter (and need to make a weight category) or a jockey.

I'm not too bothered by what the scale says and am well aware of fluctuations, especially as a female. I like to keep an eye on it though as I am a fighter who has to make weight for competition so understanding how my body fluctuates does help me prep for comps better. I only have 5 kgs to get to my goal weight (which is also my ideal fighting weight) so I'm working for a slow controlled drop over time. I hate weight cut before comps so aiming to maintain at fighting weight! My next major competition is early December so I have time to drop the 5 kgs even with any increases brought on by starting with weight lifting!!!!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3