Newbie!! Here's my story....

Options
retropactum
retropactum Posts: 75 Member
Hey ladies! My name is Shawna. I'm 23 years old, 5'6" and overweight (obviously!). I am new to this group. You can read most of this on my profile, but still… I am have been struggling with my weight my whole life. As a child, I was chubby, but cute. Once puberty struck, this was no longer the case. I was downright FAT! My weight has gone up and down (mostly up) for years now and I never could get control of it. I became extremely depressed and stopped eating all together. *Le gasp… the dreaded eating disorder topic* I will spare you all the details for those of you who feel it may trigger something in yourself. I did however manage to loss 50 lbs or so in a matter of 3-4 months. I was very sickly and it took a lot of tough love, support and self improvement to get me past it. I thank mainly my friends; one specifically, who was key in the tough love department, @hazeldub. I regret to say that we are no longer friends its seems and have hurt each other a lot over the years, but she still has some respect for helping me through such a hard moment in my life.

Of course, once I started eating again, I gained a lot of the weight back (proud to say, I managed to keep off 10 of the lbs though). I went right back to my old eating habits of fast food and high calorie restaurant items. Not any more though. I decided to make major changes in my eating habits and physical fitness. I guess you can say I am still in the acknowledgement phase of this journey. I am still taking note of nutrition facts of my favorite foods to make smart choices. You might hear me rave about my favorite local fitness class ever, BARRElesque. I credit it for making me enjoy my workouts. I am still not completely there yet. Habits take forever to form and we can't all change overnight, but I am proud of the healthier habits I have begun to make.

CW: 240 lb
Ultimate GW: 170

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! I love having a strong support system on MFP.

Replies

• retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just notice the small amount of activity on this group recently. I hope I can still make some friends out of this....