My original Post on the Message Board

Options
amandaruff13
amandaruff13 Posts: 19 Member
My name is Amanda, I am not new to MFP I have been a hit & miss since January and finially after leaving my husband, getting back into the work force, being a single parent and discovering I absolutely disliked the woman in the mirror I decided to come back to MFP.

Currently I weigh 375.8 and with my doctors advise I have been told I should weigh no less than 225-250 due to bone structure, height (I am 6ft) and health concerns within my family. So just to hit the 250 I must lose 125lbs. Now I know this didn't go on over night but I cant tell you it is possible to lose the weight.

Back in December 2009 I weighed 430lbs. I had some major life changes, got active and didn't look back! The lowest weight I got to was 305lbs!!! That's an insane amount of weight to lose from December 09 to February 2011! I did it and was soo proud. Well I got an over night job and gained back 80lbs!!! OH NO!! And had stayed there till this January when I hit 395lbs!! UGH!

So once I left my husband and life changed again for me I jumped on my weight and started noticing what I was eating. Soda, junk food, candy, ice cream (that's my vice!) and FAST FOOD!! So I decided to make a change for me. I started watching my portions first...dropped 10lbs and kept it off and still watched what I was eating for the next month. Then I stopped the soda! COMPLETELY!! Lost another 5lbs in the last week.....and today I started adding in Cardio & Aerobics type exercises to what I normally do through out the day.

So if anyone else understands where I am coming from and wants a friend Add me first off and 2nd make a comment!! I am on mobile plus on the main site quite a bit thru my day!

So here is to us....to less of us and to more smiles, miles, and cuter clothes!!! :D