Evading Mobs?

Options
I'm sure this must've been asked before so sorry if I am repeating things.

Can anyone summarize for me how the mobs work? Do you have to hit a certain speed or increase speed by a certain percentage? ie. would going from a walk to a jog work as well as going from a jog to a sprint? How long do you need to maintain the speed boost for to get away?

I know before the season 2 update you lost supplies if you got caught, what happens now? I'm not sure if I can bear to turn it on if I might lose my precious materials! It takes so long to save them up.

I haven't been using the mobs since I mostly use this app for my long steady runs, but I'm thinking of using it during an interval session. Will my intervals affect the mobs? Will I have to speed up above my average speed, or above the speed I'm going when the mob spawns?

Hope my questions make sense, thank you!

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, you need to increase your speed 20% over what you were going before the mob started chasing you. If you are running a slow, steady pace, you need to speed up 20% over where you were to evade.

I've only used the mobs once, and I was chased 4 x. I only evaded the stupid things once. LOL I lost supplies and that was it. The mission still continued.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    And I think you need to maintain that 20% increase for 60 seconds if I remember correctly....I read it somewhere in their FAQ.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I tried out the mobs by increasing my speed 20% (ish) and keeping it up for a minute, and I evaded all of the mobs at right around the minute mark, even if they were getting closer at the time.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, this was very helpful!