Introduce yourself

Options
RebeccaRNBSN
RebeccaRNBSN Posts: 75 Member
Hi everyone- introduce yourself. What's your current weight, goal weight for the 6 week challenge. Give us a good introduction!

Replies

• Buffy830
    Buffy830 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Beth here from Alabama. I'm 55 and looking to lose a few before my next birthday in October. I lost roughly 30 pounds 3 years ago and have kept it off. I'm at the top of the weight range for my height and would like to have a little cushion to keep from going over ;). For the 6 week challenge I would like to drop 10 pounds to get me to 145.
  • katanlinhouse
    katanlinhouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kathy, from Virginia, here. Also 55 and need to lose a third of me. I'm totally a stress eater and gained a lot of weight while my daughter was battling cancer. Now I need to get the weight off and raise my energy level to keep up with the grandkids. I have 68 pounds to go to get back to 150.
  • rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, Katie here from Oregon. I'm 40 and currently weigh 190 lbs. I need something to keep me on track, I successfully lost 20 pounds over the last year but need to lose another 15-20 to be in a healthy weight range for my height. I'm into slow and steady weight loss at this point in my life. I'm really busy with two little kids (ages 3 and 5) and a small horse farm, and I work full time.

For this 6 week challenge, I'd like to lose 5 pounds and arrive at 185. I have weighed in the 180's twice over the last few weeks (189) and would like to continue my march into this new "decade".
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone~
    I'm from Colorado and I'm stuck at 159. I have weighed the same since the beginning of the year and can't seem to get below 155 and keep losing. My goal is to be around 128 - 130.
    For this 6 week challenge, I would like to lose 7 lbs.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi I'm Rae. I'm from New Hampshire. I'm currently trying to work my way down to a non-obese BMI. I have 68 more pounds to go to get out of the obese range. I'm hoping a challenge will keep me honest and focused on my goals. I'm hoping to lose 12 pounds during this six week challenge.
  • RebeccaRNBSN
    RebeccaRNBSN Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    NewTaxi wrote: »
    Hi there from Maryland! I started my journey back in March at 261.8 lbs! This morning I was 195.4 lbs for a whopping 66.4 lbs loss. For this 6 week challenge I'm going to shoot for 10 lbs. The goal is to be about 150 by New Years Eve!

New taxi kicked *kitten* last challenge. You seriously rock. You are the most motivated person I know. I have no doubt you will hit your goals.
  • rehenderson412
    rehenderson412 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Roz from Alabama. I am 5'8/5'9ish and I started this journey mid-July weighing 163. I am currently at 161lbs and trying to get down to 150lbs. My goal for this challenge is to be 156lbs. Im so excited to start this challenge with you guys.
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Lethbridge Alberta. I am 36 and am 192 lbs. My goal for this challenge is to get to 180. 10lbs is a good goal for me and I need the support to help keep me on track. I haven’t done a challenge like this in the last five years but I used to love them! Nice to meet all of you!!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Julie from Pennsylvania. I am 50 years old and a single mom. Next week both of my kids will be in college. I started my weight loss journey one year ago in 8/17 and have lost 50 lbs. I have a lot going in right now so I’ve been a little off track and my weight loss has really slowed down. I am just going to keep going though.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm Nancy from Wisconsin. I am a senior and still working. Fortunately walking my dog has helped keep me moving, but I love eating so much...too much. It was suggested gently at my recent
    doctor appointment that I lose a few pounds, and I have always found MFP to be the very best place for the support I need. My starting weight is 147.5 lbs and my goal weight is 132 for a healthy BMI for my height and age.
  • StudyMum
    StudyMum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosie from New Zealand. I have 12 weeks until I turn 40, and have 19 pounds till my goal weight of 154 which is 70kgs. Please add me if I haven't already added you as a friend.
  • NewTaxi
    NewTaxi Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    krythie wrote: »
    I'm Nancy from Wisconsin. I am a senior and still working. Fortunately walking my dog has helped keep me moving, but I love eating so much...too much. It was suggested gently at my recent
    doctor appointment that I lose a few pounds, and I have always found MFP to be the very best place for the support I need. My starting weight is 147.5 lbs and my goal weight is 132 for a healthy BMI for my height and age.

Welcome Nancy!
  • NewTaxi
    NewTaxi Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    StudyMum wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Rosie from New Zealand. I have 12 weeks until I turn 40, and have 19 pounds till my goal weight of 154 which is 70kgs. Please add me if I haven't already added you as a friend.

Welcome Rosie!