Not losing weight

Options
wantoldme
wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
Hey guys. It’s been awhile since I logged in but I don’t know what to do. I have been working out and in a calorie deficit but not losing weight. However my clothes are getting loose on me. I don’t know why I’m stuck at 122-123 pounds (I also think my scale may be off). However my clothes are looking great on me but the scale isn’t moving. This is frustrating. I want to get back to 108.

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are getting better fitting then you may be trimming down without the scale moving much. Get a new scale if that's the issue or maybe don't focus on the number so much...focus on how you are feeling. Are you measuring and weighing your food? Sometimes inaccuracies can be there and you are eating more than you think. Also, how are you calculating your calories burned? If not a heart rate monitor then you could be off there too. Just trying to think of reasons. I'd say if the clothes are fitting better then you are doing something right.
    After two kids under two my clothes all fit again but just differently. my 42 year old body has changed shape just a bit.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are getting better fitting then you may be trimming down without the scale moving much. Get a new scale if that's the issue or maybe don't focus on the number so much...focus on how you are feeling. Are you measuring and weighing your food? Sometimes inaccuracies can be there and you are eating more than you think. Also, how are you calculating your calories burned? If not a heart rate monitor then you could be off there too. Just trying to think of reasons. I'd say if the clothes are fitting better then you are doing something right.
    After two kids under two my clothes all fit again but just differently. my 42 year old body has changed shape just a bit.

Thanks for the advice. I know I’m eating less because I’m doing IF. I’m also running 6 miles a day five times a week. I’m doing 10 minutes of stairmaster 5 times a week. I do Pilates ab and leg workout 6 days a week. I’m also doing over 10,000 steps (this does not include my running). My clothes are fitting so well on me. I look good in them. I just don’t understand why the scale isn’t budging. I don’t eat a high sodium diet (in fact I don’t like to add salt to food even when I’m cooking). I drink plenty of water and I know I’m not getting muscle because I’m just using my own body weight (Pilates).