Charge 2

Lesmur58
Lesmur58 Posts: 1 Member
Just picked mine up and so far so good, I synced it with my phone and a fitness app. Now to learn how to use it

Replies

• jdlifsey
    jdlifsey Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2018
    Congrats! You might need to adjust the sensitivity to sleep and walking and also adjust the stride length...I had to adjust my stride to 29 inches.
  • barb6806
    barb6806 Posts: 2 Member
    Is adjusting the stride really important? I haven't made any adjustments.
  • barneshall
    barneshall Posts: 730 Member
    Help, just got my fitbit charge2. My android is not compatible so I have the app on my laptop. I do not know how to use this gadget and cannot find a simple explanation..ie went on my elliptic for 30 minutes, started the fitbit ok but dont know how to stop the recording. Also I believe I have to adjust my stride length, but dont know how to do this.Yes I am an older person who is not familiar with all the technology. But if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Tweaking stride length may or may not matter - depends on how average yours is compared to someone else your height.

How to test - find a known track distance of 1/2 mile or longer is best.
    Start an activity when you start, stop when you stop.
    There is reported distance.
    Was it close?

Very important to above test - walk at average daily pace - not grocery store shuffle, not exercise level. Fitbit uses stride length to calculate each step based on impact seen - if you have it set to the extreme ends of the range, it's accuracy on the other end will be poor.

For example if you test and set it against a serious exercise pace of 4mph, which is maybe a whole 30-60 min of your day, then all the other walking of the day will be inflated distance.

So while it may seem slow - attempt that test walk at say 2 mph, or less if that is avg pace.

As to other info on how it works with MFP anyway, read the first section a couple times.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

For how to use the device - you need to go to the Fitbit site for much easier answers - they are already there, no need to wait and hope to get an explanation you understand here.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    @barneshall

Hold the side button down to start, stop and select functions

Both tapping the Fitbit and pressing the button changes the menu, but differently

Pressing the button changes the menu completely

I.e. press the button to change from step counter to heart rate to stopwatch etc

Tap to change from step counter to heart rate to calories burnt

Think of it like horizontal and vertical menu