Grr Gained!

Options
Capt_Inzane
Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
I've been eating VERY well even had my birthday and still was way under my calorie goals. I've reduced my carbs and increased my protein and still gained weight this week. I'm wondering if my 279 was a fluke or if I've just gained. I've been working with my personal trainer all week and as I type this can barely lift my arms or stand up. Not complaining just happy I can feel my body responding to the grueling hours at the gym.

I dunno just bummed is all, I'm not slowing down or anything silly just going to push even harder if possible and I'll get there. Did anyone else gain by chance?

Replies

• bigjoost
    bigjoost Posts: 53
    Options
    Not gaining but since I've been (and still kind of am although been losing again last week) in your position I can pretty much assure you that you are just gaining muscle mass. You are still losing a lot and getting in shape. Since you are gaining more muscle your body needs more energy even in rest. You will probably keep even or gain a bit for a week, maybe 2 or even 3 weeks and then lose quite a lot. It happens to me to it really comes in waves. You are doing great just keep going!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the scale! Mine is standing still or moving up so I'll ask the same as to myself; eating enough?
    Measuring with tape and/or callipers?
    Having your period (not you unless that photo is fake)?
    Eating the right things?
    Adjusted your weight info every 2 kg (so you can have the correct kcal calculated for you)?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I figure it's just gaining muscle and retaining water. I'm just looking forward to that drop down moment. I'm eating a lot better this week than I have in the past (I was eating too low of calories in the past) I've up'd it to at least 1,500 if not right at 1,800 calories. No carbs after gym workout.

I know I'm doing the right stuff and I know I'll see results eventually just one of those moments when I had to write a 1.08% increase in weight on the weekly challenge where I was like GRRRRRRRRRR lol

Oh I'm def a guy..least last time I checked and I may be on my period..been crankier this week than usual but figured that was due to everytime I move I groan/grunt lol.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I figure it's just gaining muscle and retaining water. I'm just looking forward to that drop down moment. I'm eating a lot better this week than I have in the past (I was eating too low of calories in the past) I've up'd it to at least 1,500 if not right at 1,800 calories. No carbs after gym workout.

I know I'm doing the right stuff and I know I'll see results eventually just one of those moments when I had to write a 1.08% increase in weight on the weekly challenge where I was like GRRRRRRRRRR lol

Oh I'm def a guy..least last time I checked and I may be on my period..been crankier this week than usual but figured that was due to everytime I move I groan/grunt lol.
    Haha, well at least you're smiling now :) I just figured it's good to tick stuff off the airplane checklist so to speak; sometimes we forget something. Salty food perhaps? Water weight is always a winner to blame.