New to the group and new to the sport

Options
twilightlvr79
twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
Hello everyone, my name is Linda. I just picked up Rugby last week. I am so new that I haven't got a clue what is going on just yet but I am still playing in my first tournament in two days. No better way to learn the rules then getting in there. I decided to pick up Rugby because I play roller derby and I struggle with my endurance there and I thought all of the running in Rugby would help to increase my endurance in derby and serveral of my derby team mates are on the Rugby team as well.

Replies

• iara333
    iara333 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've been playing for a year and still have a clue what's going on half the time haha! I do know that it's a good workout though :) What position are you playing? I'm normally a flanker
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For fifteens season we haven't really determined who will be playing what positions but I am short, chubby and a slow runner but I am pretty strong so I will most likely be a forward. I played in the last game of the sevens season last weekend and played Prop.
  • bigscottyuk
    bigscottyuk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try this site,

http://www.irbpassport.com/

Work your way through the Rugby Ready session & you'll get a better understanding of the game, safety, laws etc.

It's dead easy!