Mini Goal Challenge - Week of August 27th to September 2nd

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
Welcome Warriors!

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Run goals this week:

Monday: 16 laps, aim for <35 minutes (36 minutes! gah!)
    Tuesday: 12 laps, timed runs on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:45
    Wednesday: 16 laps, aim for <35 minutes
    Thursday: 12 laps, timed runs on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:45
    Friday: 20 laps, aim for <1 hr
    Saturday: Rest day
    Sunday: Park run - 6 miles
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Clicketykeys- thanks for getting the week started. You have been making good progress with your runs. Keep moving forward. Progress not perfection.

Molly- you make good progress with your goals last week. I hope your week goes well.

My goals this week
    3 workouts
    4 days reaching step goal
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Making progress with the runs but alas not the scale. Ah well.

Timed runs went great this morning!

Lap 2 - 1:53
    Lap 4 - 1:43
    Lap 6 - 1:37
    Lap 8 - 1:41
    Lap 10 - 1:38

I just felt fast on that 4th lap. I stretched my legs a bit, and I was just moving. When I checked my time I went "Dang! I bet I could break 1:40." And then I did! And I didn't throw up, either. (That's my rule #2.) Went right near that line of "if I push much harder, that's gonna happen" but I didn't cross it! ;D
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Well, today it flip-flopped. Target was 35 minutes and it took a full 40. I'm still nowhere near where I want to be, but at least I saw a drop on the scale. Which might be a fluctuation and not an actual drop, but today I'm going to take what I can get.

I'm SO tired. And not just I-want-more-sleep tired. I'm frustrated with how much documentation we have to do and how much time it takes away from the things that I feel really matter: giving students feedback, keeping in touch with parents, revising lessons based on student progress, keeping new lessons up-to-date, finding or creating new materials for additional practice or for more advanced practice, reflecting on trends in the profession, researching new strategies...

Right now it's just feeling like a lot.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Also, I'm struggling with not having a private area during my planning. It's really frustrating. There's another teacher using my room for a class. Although he's fine with it, I'm not comfortable going in because I know it's a disruption, so I try to make sure I have everything I need and haul it all to the work room. Do I have the work to be graded? Do I have my previous lesson plan copies so that I can make adjustments? Will I need to make coffee and did I grab the beans and the sweetener and the spoon and the reusable Keurig cup? Do I have all of my charge cords?

And there's no way for me to contact parents because sometimes teachers use the work room to give additional support to students - if they've been absent and need to make up a test, or if they need tutoring, things like that.

It could be worse, easily. *I* could be the one who didn't have a room of my own to use consistently. I'm trying to stay positive. But darn, it's frustrating!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    clicketykeys- hang in there. Sounds frustrating to deal with all the school craziness. You will settle into a routine soon. The beginning of the s hood year is always tiring especially dealing with changes.

My goals are not seeing any progress yet this week. I will be mindful of them and keep trying.

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Oh. And people come in and out of the work room and leave the freaking door open. SO over it.

I am just NOT feeling it today.
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Have a great weekend!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Park run tomorrow. Can I make it? Who knows?!

Monday I’ll be out of town. I want to add some stretching. So I think I’ll try for a walk Monday evening, followed by stretching. Timed runs Tuesday. Gen run Wednesday. Short run Thursday, followed by stretching again. Long run Friday, rest Saturday, park run Sunday.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    I did it! Six miles! Now to finish and submit my essay.
  • forestrose910
    Options

Great job! Impressive!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

Great job! Impressive!

Ditto this!