Let’s keep this active and give support!

Options
Hey everyone. I saw the last post that was considered active was started 2017 so I wanted to create a newer one! My name is savanna, I’m almost 26 and I’ve been doing this for almost 2 months with a 14-15 pound loss (can’t tell if I’m PMSing or if drinking, even when staying under my 2 lb/week calorie goal is making me gain). How is everyone doing on their journey of gaining, losing, or maintaining?!

Replies

• mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Dillon. I've used MFP on and off[mostly off lol] since 2015. I've been okay with weight loss...most of the last year has been 2 bouts of losing 15 pounds at a time and maintaining between. Which I suppose is a good thing. So I've been able to keep off 30 pounds for about 6 months. I'm determined to finally reach my goal.
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm Dillon. I've used MFP on and off[mostly off lol] since 2015. I've been okay with weight loss...most of the last year has been 2 bouts of losing 15 pounds at a time and maintaining between. Which I suppose is a good thing. So I've been able to keep off 30 pounds for about 6 months. I'm determined to finally reach my goal.

Losing slowly, taking a break, and maintaining before you decide to lose some more is still great! Some people might not find it difficult or make an effort to keep themselves at a stable weight so I think that’s very impressive! Personally I’ve never been able to maintain at all during my life since I turned 15. Hopefully this time will be different!
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    Options
    Hi! I'm Emily and I'm glad to see another active thread! I've been on and off for a few years but this past year has been the most successful. I tried some new exercise-type things (pole dance/fitness, yoga, and hiking/climbing) since I hate going to the gym and lost about 20lbs with those. Currently at the trying to maintain/be stronger, which as you guys seem to agree lol, is pretty hard. I hope everyone has a great week :smile:
  • monicaai14
    monicaai14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Monica and I have always struggled with my weight. I was super active as a child, but was called fat by my mother since kindergarten. I pretty much decided that if I was going to be fat regardless, I would eat whatever I wanted. It wasn't a huge deal while I was involved in a lot of sports/dance/etc, but as I worked more and was active less, the pounds definitely added up. I bounced around 180-200 pretty much my entire adult life at 5'4", with some bouts of severely restricting my diet (Lost 40lbs in 3 months), and then started eating whatever I wanted again.

I think now I have finally found a way to actively start loving my body regardless of its size, but due to more and more pain and health issues, I am working on finding a way to love my body while losing weight.

Sorry this was so long and personal, I am just so excited to find people who are also on the tracking path!!
  • Kaprese
    Kaprese Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys! My name is Kate. :grin:

Monica, you and I have much in common then! My introduction would match literally all of that except I hit 260. I'm sorry that you went through that too, but you seem to be fighting back on all of that and that's fantastic!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tiffany! Been on MFP since 2010, which makes me an old lady here...I started because I was going totally vegan for migraines and needed to track protein to make sure I was not nutritionally deficient...that lasted about 5 years and I ended up adding in gluten free since wheat turned out to also be a migraine trigger, and let me tell you, vegan and gluten-free is darned near impossible to find foods to eat, not sustainable for me at all...currently I'm doing keto for migraines, tomorrow is my one year anniversary for that, and it's been way easier to fit into life than vegan/gluten-free was...plus, I'm hopeful that after 2 years I can switch to low carb without a return of migraines...in epileptic children the brain chemistry changes are permanent after 2 years, but no one has studied the permanence in adults, so I'm just experimenting on myself.
  • monicaai14
    monicaai14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Kaprese wrote: »
    Hiya guys! My name is Kate. :grin:

Monica, you and I have much in common then! My introduction would match literally all of that except I hit 260. I'm sorry that you went through that too, but you seem to be fighting back on all of that and that's fantastic!

I am so sorry that it happened to you as well, Kate! I am happy that you are finding a way to overcome the negative talk you experienced.

It's so sad that people project their insecurities and negativity onto other people.
  • Kaprese
    Kaprese Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    100% agreed. On to bigger and better for us though!
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Losing slowly, taking a break, and maintaining before you decide to lose some more is still great! Some people might not find it difficult or make an effort to keep themselves at a stable weight so I think that’s very impressive! Personally I’ve never been able to maintain at all during my life since I turned 15. Hopefully this time will be different!

I wish it was a conscious decision..lol. It was more of a lack of effort than anything. I'm pretty good at maintaining for several years and then either gaining a lot or losing a lot. I'm trying to stay focused on getting to where I need to be and not taking any more breaks. The biggest thing for me is getting more active again.
  • theadramo
    theadramo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Aerica. I've been off and on MFP since 2013. This is a newer profile. I previously lost 65 lb and then got a super stressful job and gained it all back! I'm back down some but struggling to find the will go continue with this. I've been lurking this group for a while and figured I would add to the conversation. Thanks for starting a new thread :)