I would like to lose 30lbs in 6 months

Options
Is a 30lb weight loss in 6 months possible?

I'm getting an elliptical and i'm going to start using MFP

Replies

• kjk0317
    kjk0317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have the same goal. Losing weight over the winter seems ideal but then there's all these holidays coming up and i feel like i give excuses as to why I can eat badly.
  • AIF389
    AIF389 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought an elliptical/recumbent bike (2in1) and it isn't helping. I googled and read that instead of burning fat it can cause your body to store fat for energy and do exactly the opposite of what you want it to. In my case that is what happened and I gained 4 lbs that month. I am not saying that WILL happen to you. Just more of a forewarning that it is a possibility.
  • KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would loveeee to lose 30lbs in 6 months..hell even 20lbs, but the reality of it is that i dont have the strength or lung capacity to do intense workouts, and my head game isnt in it 100% still because i to am still making excuses like..its the weekend, were going to a party, its a babies first steps celebration, to justify/ allow myself to eat something bad that puts me over my calories almost daily. This weekend i was wayyy over. But..its also the first 2 weeks..and this has been a huge wakeup call to how many calories i must have been eating before and why i was gaining rapidly!!
  • AIF389
    AIF389 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why not change one thing at a time instead to make it easier? If you're a soda drinker switch to diet soda, alternative sugar in your coffee or juices (just choose sugar free or diet or diabetic friendly options), etc. That one switch will allow you to still have what you normally have, but a bit healthier until you can completely cut it. Just do alternatives one at a time until you cut things that aren't healthy without depriving yourself from them entirely and indulging or binging.
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It depends, if how much overweight a person is. If that will take you to ideal weight than you mite be able to do it, if a lot more overweight than it’s easy to lose that amount
  • ctracy345
    ctracy345 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is my goal too. I feel like kids make my schedule unpredictable so sometimes I'll an a healthy meal but get derailed by an unexpected trip to the doctor, etc. I need to learn that not eating is a valid choice when nothing good is around.
  • bmillikin11
    bmillikin11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my goal, started 12/27. Thread was started a few months back, how has it been going?