Protein powder?

BananaCat83
BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
Hi mommas! New to this group, my LO was born 6/9/13 and I just started back on MFP on Monday. I wanted to give it the full 8 weeks before I began dieting per Kellymom recommendations. Good news is I lost 27 of the 44lbs I gained in the first two weeks, but I have been stuck ever since! We are EBF and I just started working again on Monday, so I am pumping 4x/day and getting an average of 14.5oz with those 4 pumps. With each pumping session, I am getting less and less milk (which I've read is normal).

Now that I am tracking again, I'm realizing I am not getting enough protein. We have a big jug of the whey protein in the house but its the GNC stuff an I am concerned about all of the extra fillers that it probably has. Can anyone recommend a quality protein powder that is safe while BFing?

Replies

• Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    I plan on making my own with cottage cheese, nut butters, banana, hemp seeds and flax seed with milk. A lot of protien powders do contain ingredients that are suspicious as well as artificial sugars. These are way better and easy to put together.