Intro's

Options
Hi I am Katie, I am in my late 20's and in Maple Ridge. I love to canoe, run, hike, walk, rollerblade. Currently in maintenance but still hoping to stay active!

Replies

• lumpy_spaceprincess
    lumpy_spaceprincess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm moving to Abbotsford in January to live as an AuPair for a year, I'm not sure if that counts as Metro Vancouver, as I don't know Canada very well but I know it's quite close by and would love to get to know others living in the area to help me continue my progress when I move.

L X
  • canadiangirl014
    canadiangirl014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin, live in Aldergrove. I am trying to lose all my excess baby weight (my babies are 16 and 12 lol!)
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm moving to Abbotsford in January to live as an AuPair for a year, I'm not sure if that counts as Metro Vancouver, as I don't know Canada very well but I know it's quite close by and would love to get to know others living in the area to help me continue my progress when I move.

L X

Close enough! Its in the same valley still...just further up the valley....where are you from originally?
  • Keithfit1
    Keithfit1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keith from Port Coquitlam, nice to join a "Metro Vancouver Group" A bit older than other's in the group, but young at heart. Love to keep in contact with group, hope you will do the same.
  • sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am Tom, though I also answer to "sparky00721" or "hey you". Thanks Katie for setting up a group.

I currently live in Vancouver though I partially grew up in Abbotsford, used to sneak into the Legion in Aldergrove for beers when underage, and used to swim in the lake off the Ruskin dam up in the Maple Ridge area when I was younger and more foolish.

What a great summer so far!!
  • christelberg
    Options
    Hi I'm Christel

I live in Vancouver (the city, not region) and work in tech retail. I like to walk, walk fast, dance, and easy hikes! Restarting my journey again and this time I'm going to make it the whole way. Thanks for making this group! nice to meet ya'll!
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Charlotte, early 30s.

I was born and raised in Victoria, before moving to Melbourne, Australia for 4 years. I just recently moved back to Canada and my husband and I have settled (just bought a house) in Langley. We have a 4-year-old labrador retriever who keeps us pretty active :)

I'm currently a forensic science student at BCIT.

I'm pretty big into sports of all kinds, watching and playing; love winter and snow sports, and anything outdoors (running, hiking, camping, biking, walking). I just recently completed my first Spartan Race and Tough Mudder and LOVED them, so I think more obstacle racing is in my future! I also try to fit in a few yoga classes every week.

I joined here with about 50 ish pounds to lose, and I'm so far down about 26, and feeling much better and healthier!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • mvanbalkom
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. I grew up in Port Coquitlam but moved to South Korea for 13 years. I've been back in BC for the past year and am currently in Port Moody. I started this journey in 2010 and had lost 75 pounds by August 2012 but I went back to school and gained 40 of it back. I'd like to lose 70-100 pounds but I'm concentrating on losing what I gained this past year. I'm trying to get back into the groove of exercising every day and being careful what I eat. I did it once and I need to do it once again. I love to cook and am trying to concentrate on delicious, filling, and healthy recipes. I am looking to give and get online support for this journey to a healthier lifestyle.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm Carissa. I moved to Chilliwack from Vancouver about 2 years ago, so I'm not right in city but I am close!

I am 21, I have a 7 month baby girl and have gained some weight over the past few years that I am trying to lose. After having my baby I was at 195, I'm now 171. I would like a GW of 150 and an UGW of 120. 21 more lbs until my next goal! I am a vegeterain, I love zumba!

I really want to get into hiking, I haven't been in decent shape until recently. I want to explore more now that I'm able to!
  • mvanbalkom
    Options
    Hey Carissa,
    Do you do zumba in a class? I've been doing the ipad Zumba dance app for about 2 weeks and I'm enjoying it. Lots of different routines. I enjoy it even though I have no rhythm! At least no one can see me so it makes me more comfortable to go all out :).
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was going to a Zumba class for a few months in the spring, and it was SO fun! I haven't gone all summer since I've preferred to do outside stuff.
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hey there, i live in downtown vancouver. always open to meeting up with people for hiking, walks around the seawall, or trying something new.
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Danielle, 32 recently moved to north Van after living downtown for years.

Looking for workout buddies on this side of town. I play hockey, run (slowly) and do the grind (even slower). Thinking about joining either Oxygen fitness or the NVan rec centre gym for fall. Also, will be learning how to ski at Grouse this winter if anyone else is in to that :)
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    JV, I'm a professional who works in Gastown, lives out in New West. 25, into rugby, hockey, and football. Big fan of walks, you might catch me walking from the edge of Gastown through to along the water.
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    Options
    Hi! I live out here in Agassiz, which, of course, isn't part of Metro Vancouver, but I see that others who're closer this way are members as well. :)

I was born in New West & lived in Burnaby & White Rock the first year of my life. I love White Rock & still have family there. I grew up in Abbotsford & consider that home since I spent my formative years & most of my twenties there, as well as my early 30s. I wouldn't mind moving back there. I've also lived in Aldergrove, Langley, Cloverdale & Chilliwack. My dad grew up in Cloverdale, & my parents live in Chilliwack. So bits of my heart are all over this region. :)

I've been here in the Eastern Fraser Valley since November 2006, before which I lived in Inuvik, NT for 2 1/2 years. :)

I love spending time outside, & another reason I joined this group is to get ideas for places to go, as well as to be able to share places with others as well if they want ideas for this area. :)
  • Olive24219
    Olive24219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shelbi and I just moved to Maple Ridge from Saskatchewan. I'm 29 and Looking to lose the pounds that magically appeared after my wedding almost a year ago.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Adrienne. Born and raised in Vancouver, currently living near Kits. I'm 33 and I'm into hiking, yoga, long walks, and running (although I'm just getting back into it after an injury so I'm slow and can't go too far right now).

I would love to have more local friends so add me if you'd like!
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Leslie. I am a Coquitlam girl through and through. It's a great spot. Close enough to down town, but also close to the lakes and the ocean. Starting to get more serious about getting in shape.
  • Tashekiaw
    Tashekiaw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I live in Vancouver, but I'm new to the country. It would be nice to meet some friends to encourage my weight loss journey or even to show me around town. I am a easy going person who loves to sing and dance (reggae and dance- I can teach you).

I'm just looking to enjoy the place and loose some weight.
    I'm trying to get use to the cold weather being that I'm from Jamaica.

Im looking forward to read from you all. Send me a message.

Thanks alot.