Runspiration sources

Options
Where do you find your running inspiration, or "runspiration" or motivation as we call it? I'll give you one of mine: Gibson's Daily Running Quotes (on Facebook & Twitter), daily running quotes from inspirational runners and athletes with great digital photos to drive the motivation home. :)

Replies

• WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    I go on youtube and watch races. :D
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Where do you find your running inspiration, or "runspiration" or motivation as we call it? I'll give you one of mine: Gibson's Daily Running Quotes (on Facebook & Twitter), daily running quotes from inspirational runners and athletes with great digital photos to drive the motivation home. :)

Ohhh, I just checked that FB page, it's awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • seizethefray
    Options
    r/running.

Also, just recently I perused the boards and started friend requesting a bunch of runners. Now my daily news feed keeps me inspired. I have a lot of friends on mfp who are straight beasts!

Oh and races. Register for them then create a training schedule. Knowing I have to mark each day off my calendar keeps me inspired.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I go on youtube and watch races. :D

this^^

I can do that for hours! :0)
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    Options
    Runing wi my club helps me. We have some local legends. One guy has a pace maker and wins his age group almost everytime. And just seeing other people working hard on speedwork day keeps me honest on my intervals.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I like the stories that Runner's World has on their motivation page, and my running club's magazine that they put out has wonderful stories. And I also just pay attention to my cousin on facebook, he always finds really good running quotes for inspiration from all over.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The mirror.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The mirror.
    :happy: Good one!!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The mirror.

^^ lol

I also find YouTube a good place - find Olympic and world finals from when I was a kid. Great memories ....
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Virtual running communities on Google+ (there's a running one with 12,000+ runners). But I benefit more from the small private ones-a lot more one-on-one interaction & help when you need it.