What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Here's where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my healthy eating adventure again. I'm going to try a low carb approach this time. My cousin was here this weekend from Houston and she looked great! She did the low carb diet and just maintained 10k steps per day. I'm going to add exercise to my approach. I just prefer to incorporate healthy eating and exercise together. I'm not saying extreme exercise, but at a minimum of 30 minutes per day. I have a Curves membership now. I go to Planet Fitness with my little brother and use his bring a friend perk. Now I have four support systems Curves, Planet Fitness, My Fitbit and this new MFP forum.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    NSV - current exercise capris (back pockets essential to hold Wii nunchucks) don't stay up very well while jogging on the mini-trampoline if I'm not wearing a belt. :o
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    I generally don't like to see my reflection in windows or mirrors at the stores. But The other day I was walking up to a store and just happen to see my self in the door window. My thought was wow,is that really my? I didnt look as wide as I usually see myself.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    After a late August doctor’s appointment yielded another scary cholesterol report, finally committed to doing something about it. Revisited the MFP weight loss routine that has worked for me in the past, and got fully motivated to follow it faithfully September 10. Today my first full monthly progress report showed 11.5 pounds lost. 24 to go... Thanks for this challenge, it is timely and helps keep me focused! GLTA!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Under 160 on the scale this morning for the first time in ... decades!!

I have managed to stay under 150 for 4 out of 7 days this week (the three in the middle being recovery from my 60th birthday dinner extravaganza.

It's been a long time for me too. Fancy and favorite packed-away clothes are finally starting to fit again .... and some clothes I bought in early May are starting to get a bit big .....
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Yaaay!!!
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

I have managed to stay under 150 for 4 out of 7 days this week (the three in the middle being recovery from my 60th birthday dinner extravaganza.

It's been a long time for me too. Fancy and favorite packed-away clothes are finally starting to fit again .... and some clothes I bought in early May are starting to get a bit big .....

Whoop!!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Tried a new product for lunch today...Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi. It's a Gluten Free, low calorie substitute for pasta if you like gnocchi. Still trying to decide if I like lumps of pasta, though. There is absolutely no cauliflower taste to the product. Today, I pan fried it and added chopped tomatoes, diced onions, spinach and a small amount of pesto rosso. Need to try some other recipes before I make a determination as to whether I like it well enough for a re-purchase. Anyone else tried it...and your preparation method?