Learn Habits from an Expert for FREE!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone,

Our weekly challenge that starts October 8 will focus on creating new, small healthy habits. We will be exploring how habits work, the 3 components of habits, and how we can tweak an existing habit to make it better work for us. I’m very excited about this challenge and I hope you are too. Whether we realize it or not, our lives are guided and shaped by our daily habits. It’s much easier to reach your health and wellness goals if you put into place a series of habits that will run pretty much on autopilot.

I wanted to let you know about a terrific free habits program that you can take the week of Oct 8 through October 12 that will complement our habits challenge. Dr. BJ Fogg of Stanford University has created the Tiny Habits program from his research overseeing the Persuasive Tech Lab at Stanford. Dr. Fogg is widely recognized as one of the foremost experts on habits. More than 40,000 people have taken the Tiny Habits program and it’s been refined over the years as new insights about habits are made. I’ve gone through the program many times and I’m recommending it to you.

The program runs Monday through Friday and is free of charge. It requires less than an hour of your time and it’s fun to do. But there is one important thing you need to keep in mind. Signups for the Oct 8 session that start on Monday will close on Friday, October 5th. You will also need to commit to about 25 minutes of prep time the weekend of Oct 6-7 and email return the introductory materials they will send you before Monday's start. Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as it's possible your email provider may route the introductory materials there.

If you want to participate in the Tiny Habits session that starts October 8, you will need to register by Friday, Oct 5th.

You can learn more about the Tiny Habits program here

https://www.tinyhabits.com/program

How to join:

https://www.tinyhabits.com/join (Signup for the Oct 6/7 session)

If you miss the signup window or you’d rather not participate, no problem. Our How Habits Work challenge that begins on October 8 will provide plenty of information and support so that you can create new small habits. But since the Tiny Habits program is complementary to our challenge next week and I can personally vouch for its effectiveness, I wanted to encourage you to join. It’s not often that we get to learn from a world-renowned expert (and for free!)

—Denise

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    A good class— I took it!
    Highly recommended!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    It is really good!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Even though I’ve taken it several times, I’m going to take it again on Oct 8. There’s always a new tiny habit that I’d like to create.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Okay! I know this course is great! I'll sign up again.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I missed it for this week, but I plan to join for next week because it really is a great course! Very helpful and I'm trying to really turn my health and lifestyle around!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Entered for next week.