Eating out go-tos

Options
4bugsmama
4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
I just went out with the family for pizza and wings, their choice so I had to be strategic and stay within my macros. Share, what's your typical or favorite eating out meal that is tasty and keeps you on track?

Replies

• SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Subway, First Watch and Chipolte are good choices for lunch for me. If I go out to dinner, I look for a small grilled steak (6oz or less), grilled chicken, or salmon. And I always look for plain steamed or roasted veggies for the side dish. Some places have healthy substitutions too. One night I went to a local place with co workers and was able to eat tacos with lettuce wraps instead of tortillas. Key for me is preplanning as much as possible. A lot of chains have nutritional info available online.
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My quick meal is usually Pita Pit with gluten free falafel wraps. I love Indian, partly because there's always heaps on the menu I can eat. Usually I choose Dahl as the healthiest option (as long as the restaurant doesn't add cream). Too much salt though! I'm then really careful with my rice quantity. At other restaurants, I generally have to go with whatever fits my intolerance criteria - gluten free, egg free and vegetarian.