100k a day

rickdkitson
rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
I earned the Olympian Sandal Badge yesterday for getting 100,000 daily steps. That gives me both 700 flights of steps and 100k steps a day badges this summer, not bad for someone who will be 63 next month.

I normally get between 10k and 20k a day with a few days up into the 30 to 40k range. All I did for preparation was make my usual about 30k with a couple into the low 40's for the last 10 days or so, then it was just a matter of selecting a potentially good day. It is the rainy season here on the Philippines and it is not like at home (Canadian Prairies) where a rain cuts the heat and humidity making it quite pleasant afterwards but just makes it more humid and uncomfortable for outdoor exercise.

I started out on the walk/jog track at my apartment complex but the weather turned so I did the last 50k at a nearby large mall where I could stay dry and in air-conditioning.

It took almost 12 hours of active minutes and was over a 16 hour period, burned over 7,000 Calories. Distance was 84 kms, that is almost exactly two marathons. Feet a little tired but otherwise OK today. (Although I do need to deodorize my shoes lol)

Replies