November 27 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    e64yynuzb151.jpg
    Okay, I know a couple of you have indicated that you will be in the Winner's Circle, please tell us in your report today. Who expects to be in the November Winner's Circle?
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    @less100n00

Q8 month winner's circle streak IMPRESSIVE!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    @RangerRickL , "Rose and I plan to visit Spain in 2019. I want to ride horses in Andalusia and I need to weigh no more than 187 lbs. "

That's a cool goal. Maybe you should make it 185 in case you retain water in the flight :smile: (Do you think they keep a scale sitting by the mounting block to make sure no 188 pounders slip by?)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Nov 26
    Pass - No exercise; loose tracking; not within calories allowance

Nov 27
    Pass - No exercise; loose tracking; not within calories allowance

Well, well, I upped my calories to maintenance for this week. Hopefully I will resume exercising tomorrow and won't actually eat at maintenance
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    November 24
    Exercised?: Yes (Over 10,000 steps).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Second day of qualifying at Nationals. 42nd of 54. Elated with that position.

This is the video of my last qualifying run that got me into 42nd from the live stream of the event. I am ArchmageAU (in the bottom right).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcJHPKZk_fM&t=36390
    (My camera and goggles are 16:9 (widescreen) which is why my video looks a little squished compared to the others who mostly have 4:3 (standard). When viewed in my goggles it appears normal).

Only the top 32 race for top spot, but I still get to fly tomorrow in second chance race. Second chance races are a sudden death elimination race series to allow non-top-32 pilots to fly on last day with the chance of winning some prises. Must win heat to advance to final.

November 25
    Exercised?: Yes (Over 10,000 steps).

Second place in second chance finals.

Had one drone damaged in a mid-air collision in the first heat, but was before first corner, so race restart. Fortunately had a second drone I could swap to immediately. Won my heat as all other crashed out. Flew safe once I knew I was the only one left in my heat.

Flew well in final and very happy with second place finish. Won a timing system that will help with practicing and getting faster. Actually second place was a better prise than first, so doubly happy. :)

Really late flight home (11:30pm Perth time = 2:30am Melbourne time).

November 26
    Exercised?: Yes (3km in 24 mins).

Only sleep was on 3 hour plane flight. Landed in Melbourne at 6:00am and then drove home.

Recovery day today. Need it as sleep deprived and exhausted.

Flying interstate tomorrow for work.

Luggage handling error at Perth end meant that my checked bag came in on a later flight. Need toiletries for travel tomorrow, so bag should be delivered by airline tonight, but due to another operational error was not. Will have to get things from bag tomorrow morning before flying out and airline will store cast till I return Friday.

Happy to be home, if only for one day. Nice to walk in the forest again.

November 27
    Exercised?: Yes (5km in 40 mins round Adelaide city).

Got toiletries from bag at airport. Had to shortcut sleep (again) to get to airport early to be able to get what I needed before flying out. Not happy with airline. All in all it's a "first world" problem and an inconvenience. Many have much worse to cope with.

Managed to get a walk in round dinner time.

Will sleep well tonight.

@RangerRickL. Only 2 pass days so far this month, so on track to make circle again.

Will be joining December UAC.

Apologies for not posting sooner. Drone Nationals (and work) have been taking a lot of focus. Fortunately the habits ingrained by UAC have kept the weight, fitness and health in order during this busy time.

@craigo3154 Congratulations on your second place win!!!!!!!! WOW!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    I will not be in the winner's circle for November but am back on track
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min strength training, 70 min walk in daylight
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @craigo3154, wow thanks for sharing your drone racing video. I didn't really understand what you did with the drones but now I do and that looks super fun!! Congrats on your win! :)

Yes x 3 for today.

@RangerRickL, I have been keeping track and I have had three pass days this month, so I think that qualifies me to be in the winner circle for the first time since I joined UAC. Is that correct? :)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017. Thank you.

My philosophy is to celebrate personal bests (more than placings). This was for me a personal best.

Working on trying to get life back to normal now (and catching up on sleep :) ).
    I will be in the Winner’s Circle❣️ Hitting my 3 Pass Days so early in the month has helped me keep my habits in line the rest of the month! 4 days to go!

Sounds like you perform better once the pressure is on. I have confidence you will make circle.

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    My transparent confession:
    For at least 30 years, I have chosen to be in maintenance at my current level. But, one of my annual challenges is the change of seasons from what I call the growing season (April 15-October 15) to the dormant season. In the growing season, I not only get intentional exercise, I also get lots of 'unintentional' exercise just living and doing things on the horse farm. In the dark and cold season, I just stop going outside (I have asthma triggered by cold humid air). I have maintained my current weight range for 30 years. My lower limit is 190 and my upper limit is 195. My clothes and belt scream at me when I do up by 5 lbs. Well, I'm up by 4 lbs. So, I'm going to add more intentional exercise to my indoor workouts.
    In addition, Rose and I plan to visit Spain in 2019. I want to ride horses in Andalusia and I need to weigh no more than 187 lbs. Therefore, I have a new goal...187. Compared to the wonderful report of @victorious55, I have a small goal, and I commit to you all my goal. I'll keep you apprised of my progress. As @victorious55 says, "I want to be around like minded people."
    I agree!
    Rick

@RangerRickL. Having a goal that is meaningful (Being under 187 lbs to ride horses in Andalusia in 2019) is a great goal. This is the first step to getting there.

It is a SMART goal (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound).

You would already be reasonably strong from all the work on the farm. The best way I can see to drop the extra weight is to slightly reduce the daily calorie target. As you have been tracking for a while, finding about 100 calories per day that you can reduce should not be too difficult.

Increasing the exercise will help, but pretty certain a small eating change will do more than exercise. It's the old "you cannot out-exercise a diet" situation.

From what I have seen, higher proportion protein and fat, with lower proportion carbohydrate and still slight calorie deficit seem to be the most effective in dropping weight. Also lower sodium tends to store less water weight.

Any time I up my carbohydrate proportion intake (even if it is gluten free, fibre included carbohydrate) my weight slowly climbs. When I revert to my normal higher protein diet and it falls away again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017. Thank you.

My philosophy is to celebrate personal bests (more than placings). This was for me a personal best.

@craigo3154 I was ina bit of a hurry when I posted earlier. Here’s what I would’ve said if I had had more time...It has been clear to me from your posts over time how committed you are to putting in the practice for your drone races. It’s also clear to me that you are intrinsically motivated. I applaud your discipline, planning, passion, and fortitude. I’m so happy for you.
    I will be in the Winner’s Circle❣️ Hitting my 3 Pass Days so early in the month has helped me keep my habits in line the rest of the month! 4 days to go!

Sounds like you perform better once the pressure is on. I have confidence you will make circle.

Thank you for this insight. Perhaps so!