Introductions

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,913 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112, @fourathomej love to see familiar faces, :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie That's just what I thought when I saw your name! Lol!
  • docoryn
    docoryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This is my first UAC and I'm excited for the accountability!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Question: do we have to log water? I usually don’t log things that don’t have any calories.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,913 Member
    Options
    @suzievv, I don’t :)
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @suzievv If calorie counting your only concern, don't bother. I log my water in a separate app (plant nanny) because I have troubles remembering to drink water otherwise.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the group, can’t wait until tomorrow. I have been exercising but not tracking to my best abilities. I am 36 years old and live in Southern California. I teach high school so I don’t eat well during the day. My goal is to plan each work day. Can’t wait for the challenge to start.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    suzievv wrote: »
    Question: do we have to log water? I usually don’t log things that don’t have any calories.

@suzievv

I don't log water. It's your choice as to whether it is important for you to log water or not. For some, a reasonable amount of water tracked daily is enough to ward off some of those extra calories that might otherwise be consumed.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone. I’ll just continue with my plan to log everything that has calories, including vitamins etc, but nothing that doesn’t contain any calories— unless I want to make an extra effort to track water.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is my first ever challenge. I am really excited that this will be the step I need to take that’ll hold me accountable and help me break my plateau. I am 25 years old and have about 30 pounds to lose. I had a major weight loss last year but gained it back. I struggle with binge snacking when stressed out and have no self control with certain foods. I will be dedicated myself for the month of November and hope to see results!

Goodluck everyone!

Marina 😊

Last month was my first month and was a plateau-breaker for me .... it's amazing what consistent data-gathering (and acknowledging) turns up that you weren't even aware you were doing .... Hope to see you (and myself too LOL) in the Winners Circle at the end of the month.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jo (female). 2nd month in. I dropped out in October: had a very strong flu early in the month; later I had to travel and couldn't track. I turned 40 last year, had a challenging family situation and regained 35 lbs I had lost AND maintained for one year prior to that. So yes I am trying to lose weight. I am back on track now. Currently at BMI 34.2 and would like to end up at BMI 22! That's a long way to go. I'll be here for a while.

Last month the UAC helped me especially to add some activity in my daily life on the days I didn't exercise. Helped me forgo that one last bite so I could stay within my calorie budget. And it's been both motivating and inspiring to read everybody's daily sign ins.
  • robin153
    robin153 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am very new to MFP but for years I was with the Weight Watchers where I picked up a lot of good habits. I have not lost much weight but I learned tracking. I loved their community aspect so I was grateful to find this group. I was looking for a space , which would help me to be accountable.

A few words about myself. I am 53 , live in Washington DC area for the last 30 years but originally I am from Krakow ,Poland. I love being active but I also like to eat, maybe too much? Anyway, sending my best regards to all of you in this group and I will look around to know you better.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @robin153 We are pleased to have you on our UAC team! You are welcome to jump in at any time for accountability.