Running watches

smeebles
smeebles Posts: 21 Member
So I am looking at getting a new watch for running. Right now I’m using an Apple Watch series 1 (non gps) and the gps from my phone. I’m not too concerned with smart features and will continue to carry my phone for music.

I’m looking for opinions on the polar m430, Garmin fr235, or fr35. Trying to stay under 250$. There is a refurbished Fenix 3 hr for 280 on Amazon, which stretches my budget a little bit but may be worth it?

Any suggestions I might be missing?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I bought the Garmin 225 4 years ago and love it.

My husband and a friend both have the fr 35 which looks really good for the price.

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    I'd go with the Garmin 235 (assuming it has the features you want). I had the 630 and loved everything about it but the touch screen. At the time I wish I would have gone with the 235.

Go for the Fenix if it has the extra features you want. I upgraded to the 5x this year because I wanted turn by turn directions.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I am a heavy supporter of the Garmin watches. The model you choose completely depends on the features you need and your budget. i don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I love Garmin. I used to have the FR205 and still see people with those and the FR305 at races. The only reason I don't use mine anymore is because I lost the charger during my move from the UK to the US.

I now have the Garmin FR25. It's pretty basic compared to most of the other Garmin watches, but it does everything I need. I would be lost without it.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I've been successful finding used watches on Craigslist. First a FR305 for $30, then an FR220 for $60, then an FR330 for $80. Colors haven't been my top choice but I quit caring about that a long time ago. I'm happy staying on the trailing edge of technology.
  • smeebles
    smeebles Posts: 21 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I've been successful finding used watches on Craigslist. First a FR305 for $30, then an FR220 for $60, then an FR330 for $80. Colors haven't been my top choice but I quit caring about that a long time ago. I'm happy staying on the trailing edge of technology.

Yeah I’ll check the used market as well!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,731 Member
    I am happy with my Garmin 35. It is basic, but has all the features I need.
  • picheakasha262
    picheakasha262 Posts: 10 Member
    I have used both Polar and Garmin, and personally prefer the Polar M400
  • picheakasha262
    picheakasha262 Posts: 10 Member
    I could sell you my Garmin 235 since I am no longer using it
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    used Garmin 645 music's are going on eBay for $300. I've had several Garmins and currently have this model - it's superior to anything I've had before. Lightweight, highly functional, optical HR, onboard music, so no need to carry another device etc.

Since they've not been out long, the used examples ought to be in great condition.