Do you have this issue?

Options
Mhaney
Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
It's starting to annoy me that people think just because their kids are in school, I can talk/text all day. I didn't have this issue last year, but one of the schools here started yesterday and my friends in that district just started contacting me ALL DAY knowing full well we homeschool. Yes, we do ACTUAL work. No, I will not interrupt my class time to shoot the breeze with you because you're bored with no kids home. Need to find some kind of tactful way to post some general message about this on facebook....

Replies

• jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think this is pretty common. On FB I'd keep it along the lines of "Now that we are back to school I will not be answering the phone during the day. Thanks for understanding~!" Something friendly like that. People are going to ignore you and call/text anyway, so might as well be friendly about it. :laugh: I don't even keep my fone near me during school times.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ages ago, when people still had answering machines, mine answered the phone with the following message, "Hi you've reached the Maheu's, sorry we can't come to the phone right now, if this is a weekday between 8:00 AM and 2:30 PM we are busy homeschooling, please leave a message and we'll call you back when we take a break. Otherwise, we must be busy doing something else, so leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as we can!"
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Remember you always have the option of turning your ringer off, or even the whole phone.