Starting out to run a marathon - needs friends!!

Options
2»

Replies

• demon2run
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm very keen to do it before I hit 30, although I do understand it will be a tough ask. I've done a couple of halves before so I'm hoping that puts me in the right direction.

I'm going to have to step up my long runs though. Let's see how it turns out......I'll keep you all posted.

Please feel free to add me as a 'friend' I need the support and motivation

Good Luck. I may just join you for the Napa Marathon.

Completed registration for the Napa this morning. It's a long way from Australia but I wanted to do a special one for my first. Would be great to know a few other people that are going to be there!
  • demon2run
    Options
    Really excited now - I just registered for Napa - looks like a great run in a fantastic location. Also booked my flights today from Australia so there's no turning back!!

Thanks for all your advice, looking forward to sharing the ride with you all.

Good luck for all your runs!!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I have a few half marathons under my belt and will be adding a couple more before my first marathon in October. I'm running the Nike Women's Marathon in SF. Then because I'm insane and wanted to help the charities running NYC marathon 2 weeks later.

Hey - congrats on getting into that race! Enjoy your "medal" from Tiffany at the end :-). I have some friends doing that race, but I've already got plenty on my racing schedule at that time of year so I didn't enter the lottery.

Thanks! I've been hill training like a maniac for that race!