Fitbit Charge 2 suddenly overestimating exercise....when I am NOT wearing band overnight!!!????

Options
Since my wrist was sore from wearing my band, I decided to take off my band overnight. In the last few days, I am seeing between 12 AM to 2 AM high activity levels on my fitbit...when I am NOT wearing it! Since I sync with myfitnesspal, I am getting overestimated activity calories of 1.3k per day....especially when I have been a quiet weekends of only walking under 2k of steps around the house. Has fitbit and/or mfp been hacked? I have decided to delete the mfp exercise calories so I don't eat back these fake exercise time. :(

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are seeing high steps or calorie count on Fitbit, it can't be MFP that got hacked.

That's going to be a bug anyway.

Just so you are aware - while the adjustment shows up in exercise diary - it's not or not just exercise calories.

You could have no exercise but lots of activity and get big adjustment.
    You could have huge workout and sleep rest of the day and get no adjustment.

That being said - you do have an issue if your 24 hr graphs show steps and increased calorie burn when not wearing the device.

Lookup how to do a hard reset on it.

Oh - could dog be taking and playing with it?
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Maybe it assumes that you are continuing your activity patterns without any data to the contrary?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It should be assuming BMR level burn with no steps seen.

That's why I was asking what high activity levels meant, the 24 hr graph should spell out steps, and/or calories, workouts, ect.