New to Keto?

mford_24
mford_24 Posts: 2 Member
Hi there,

I'm new to this group and new to KETO. I'm finding a lot of success already, and I am enjoying how much more energy I have.

That being said, I have questions, will probably have my share of flubs, and I'd love to reach out to anyone in a similar boat.

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!

I am on about my 2.5 month mark with keto. I lose weight very slowly. At first only my initial weight loss of 6 lbs in just a few days. I stayed at not losing for quite a while, and in the last few weeks I have been dropping a lb at a time, usually in less than a week. I have lost about 16 lbs. The best part is I also feel good! I have energy and my walking has improved. I have no more yo yo dieting. I am 65 and for the first time since I was 20, I feel I will see lasting results. My bloods sugar has dropped, and all my labs have improved. I do not get hungry on this diet, and if I do it is controllable, and I usually have calories to accommodate. I still have trouble with maintaining the proper ratio of fats to proteins. I do not always add extra fat to things to maintain that proper proportion. Solving that lately with keto fat bombs and bullet proof coffees to make sure my fat level is higher than my protein and at the proper ratio!! My carbs are about 20 grams daily which I can do with a little four-thought occasionally. This may be a lifestyle for me for sure, with some keto cycling to maintain my gut integrity. I am thinking you could teaach me some too!!